Lead Software Engineer
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer
Job Description Summary
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services is a leading supplier of online payment and fraud screening services. We are an innovative and ambitious market leader intent on growing our global presence. We follow the best software development and Agile practices, to deliver successfully, again and again.
As part of our ongoing expansion, we're looking for an experienced Lead Software Engineer (8+ years) who is as passionate about software engineering excellence as we are about excellence in financial payments, someone who enjoys creating and delivering successful software platforms in a team of proud and collaborative software engineers.
- Deliver great software as part of software engineering squad
- Be part a team that is responsible for building a global platform that performs at scale serving millions of customers.
- Provide technical leadership to the team to make the right technology implementation decisions, meeting the needs of the business and operational teams.
All About You
- You’re experienced in leading the development of a new feature capability from idea to delivery.
- You understand and can design for the end to end dependencies between the software you write and the ecosystem it operates within.
- You bring advanced skills in designing, building, and implementing robust solutions that perform faultlessly at scale, with high availability resilience baked in.
- You have extensive experience using modern software development practices, including test driven development, automated testing, micro-services and continuous delivery.
- Your analytical skills enable you to see around corners to the problems that lie out of sight so that we can overcome them before they bite us.
- You are a self-starter, creative thinker, proactive and enthusiastic; and a team player, as keen on the success of those around you as of your own.
- You’re a great communicator and have proven experience in collaborating effectively with business stakeholders.
- You have exceptional attention to detail and time management skills.
- Payments and fintech experience will be well-regarded.
Experience in Technologies
- Strong understanding of architecting and building for high availability, high throughput, low latency.
- Extensive successful experience building mission-critical applications based on Micro services Architecture; distributed systems architecture; RESTful APIs.
- Experience developing software using domain-driven design (DDD) approach
- TDD software development
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) supported by Jenkins or similar automation servers
- Proficiency using Generics, Lambda Expressions, and Streams
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented principals
- Your technology acumen is highly regarded; including deep skills in many, perhaps all, of the following technologies:
- Java, XML, JSON, Oracle, Postgres, Cassandra, Elastic
- Practical experience with NoSQL, e.g. Cassandra database technologies
- Experience working with Spring Boot and Spring Cloud
- Distributed systems using Apache Kafka, Apache Zookeeper, Apache Ignite
- Distributed Cache (GemFire, Hazelcast, Memcached, Ignite, Redis)
- Test automation with Cucumber and Selenium
- SQL (Senior level experience)
- Cloud Experience (advantageous):
- Experience building 12-factor apps
- Experience building enterprise grade apps for cloud
- Experience automating build & deployments using Jenkins, Maven & Ant
- Cloud deployed systems in Cloud Foundry
What is it like to work with us?
Within our development teams we encourage pairing, automated testing and continuous delivery, and we do it while mixing in loads of fun. Our teams consist of 8-9 people who work together across technology, product and delivery as an autonomous unit. We believe strongly in continuous learning and personal development, providing access to training and extensive libraries of information. We participate in guilds across the company to keep learning from one another. Your manager acts as a coach to help guide you and your career.
We're committed to creating inclusive, safe environments where anyone, no matter their background, can contribute and succeed.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities