Incident Response Team Lead - Information Security
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 600 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of payments and commerce for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
A key position has now become available for a Cybersecurity Incident Detection & Response (CIDR) Team Lead as part of Tyro’s Information Security team.
The CIDR Team’s primary mission to defend Tyro against cybersecurity attacks, and achieves this by delivering cyber threat detection and response capabilities across Tyro’s on-premise and cloud environments.
Leading the CIDR team and reporting to the CISO, you will be responsible foroverseeing and managing the day-to-day operational aspects of the Cybersecurity Incident Detection & Response team as well asdefining and delivering the security strategy as it relates to threat detection and response.
You will also provide trusted leadership, education and expertise to the wider Information Security team, CTO and Executive Leadership Team.
What You'll Do As CIDR Team Lead
- Report to the CISO and lead a team of Threat Detection & Response Analysts responsible for protecting Tyro's on premise and cloud environments.
- Define and deliver the security strategy to continually improve Tyro's threat detection and incident response capabilities.
- Oversee proactive detection and response measures including detection engineering, threat hunting, and cyber drills.
- Serve as an escalation point for cybersecurity incident investigations.
- Build relationships throughout Tyro to help provide a strong cybersecurity incident detection and response capability.
- Participate in team lead efforts including planning, budgeting, reporting, retrospectives, and wider team initiatives.
Your Skills And Experience
- A history of mentoring team members and a passion for empowering teams to achieve their potential,
- A demonstrated track record of continual improvement in security threat detection and incident response processes and capabilities,
- Experience coordinating and leading the technical response to complex security incidents.
Success criteria for the role
- Team alignment to CIDR’s mission statement and successful delivery of services as outlined on the CIDR Team’s charter authority
- Act as SME to Tyro on all matters related to Cyber Defence, and continued improvement in the organisations’ Cyber Defense maturity and capabilities
- Provide mentorship and upskill team members and foster a strong security culture within the organisation
Perks & Benefits
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and many more!
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 650 staff, $34 billion in transactions in FY22, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses.
Wow the Customer - We love our customers and we want them to love us too.
Be Good - We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing - even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
Commit to Greatness - We think big, move fast and dare to be different. We're always asking "what's next?"
Stay Hungry - We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win.
Win Together - We are a united team. With growth mindsets and without ego, we embrace diversity to collaborate, innovate and accelerate.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking