Software Engineer II
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Engineer II
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments sector. We power payments and provide products and services for individuals and industries all around the world. Our people, technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our success. We believe in connecting people to priceless possibilities.
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills, experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to join our team to find out how you too can start something priceless.
Payment Gateway Services is looking for a Software Development Engineer II to drive development and delivery of strategic Software solutions forward. The ideal candidate is passionate about Software Engineering, highly motivated to be challenged technically, analytical and deliver results.
- Develop high quality, secure and scalable software solutions
- May manage smaller project/initiatives as an experienced individual contributor with specialized knowledge within assigned discipline
- Creates documentation such as user guides and software development guides for moderately-complex projects
- Assists team members in the development of applications, components, system to system interfaces and complete software solutions
- Significant code development, code review and day-to-day support duties
All About You
- At least four year degree in a related field (or certifications and comparable experience)
- Experience of building software solutions using JAVA, Spring Framework, JPA and Hibernate
- Experience of building front end applications using server-side and client-side technologies like Angular, jQuery, Velocity and Apache Tiles
- Experience of working with Databases like PostgreSQL, Oracle and have strong knowledge in SQL
- Experience of working with Build tools like maven
- Experience in working with git SCM
- Knowledge on build pipelines and automation like Jenkins
- Strong communication skills - both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills required for troubleshooting issues and identifying root cause
- Ability to quickly learn and implement new tools and technologies
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities