Developer Solutions Specialist
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for 2 million merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
About The Role
Shopify does an amazing job at powering the businesses of people all over the world, but business and technology are complex. While we’d love to provide all the features our merchants could ever need, we can only build so much. When highly specified features and functions are required which extend beyond what Shopify can offer, our Plus merchants turn to their developers and partners for customizations and applications. Sometimes those merchants and their developers require more in-depth technical guidance which is where our Developer Solutions team comes into play.
Shopify Plus merchants encounter unique problems due to their large-scale, high-GMV, and complex tech-stacks. These merchants are building increasingly complex and unique experiences that require our support and guidance in order to thrive. Developer Solutions enables some of the largest merchants on our platform to build more quickly and effectively with our developer products, and continuously improve and scale their existing technologies.
The purpose of this team is to provide best practice solutions to Plus merchant’s developers building on Shopify’s APIs and developer tools. You’ll also be supporting partners who are working with our Shopify Plus merchants, acting as their trusted Shopify developer product expert. A core part of the role also includes working closely with product and building self help developer resources. In this role you will work with product teams early on new releases and product strategy conversations will allow us to test functionalities and build context early in order to advise on the necessary developer experience, content and enablement.
If you have great problem solving and analytical skills, love mastering new things and have a curious mind for how things work, this might be the perfect role for you!
In this role, you’ll be expected to develop and apply an understanding of the following areas:
- Admin API (Rest & GraphQL)
- Gift Card API
- JS Buy SDK
- Buy Button.js and Buy Button Channel
- Environment management
- Storefront API
- Application Proxies
- HostedPayments SDK
This is a remote position available in Australia and New Zealand.
Shopify is now permanently remote and working towards a future that is digital by default. Learn more about what this can mean for you.
- Based in Australia or New Zealand
- You have a track record of exceptional customer-facing service experience
- Development skills and technical depth to answer questions, troubleshoot and problem solve unique problems with third-party developers
- You thrive on taking ownership for larger technical issues and seeing them through to a resolution
- You are invested in our merchants’ success and are eager to jump on a call with a Shopify Plus merchant or developer to proactively solution new builds or to lead a discovery for an in depth investigation
- Experience working with web APIs & SDKs, both REST and GraphQL
- You are an advocate for merchants and their developers when working with internal Shopify developers and product teams
- You are a lifelong learner, and pick up new concepts or tools quickly
It would be a bonus if you had:
- The ability to explain products, features, and functionality with technical accuracy and simplicity
- Experience with server-side web application development with Ruby, Python, PHP, or Node.js
- Experience with crafting solutions, technical diagrams, integration architecture
- Proficiency with Splunk (Rails logs) and SQL (databases) to help you find out exactly what happened or what is happening with a particular situation
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Anyone, anywhere, can start a business