Head of Risk Operations
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
- Actively engage in the actual delivery of the project for issuing and acquiring risk system optimization, and provide advice for rule setting, modeling, scoring schemes, etc.
- Identify solutions and recommendations linked to issuing and acquiring risk control. Build up and fine-tune issuing and acquiring risk-related procedures to facilitate the global implementation
- Collaborate with global teams to manage exceptional or escalation cases related to issuing and acquiring risk to ensure the proper risk control is in place.
- Identify opportunities to streamline issuing and acquiring risk assessment processes to increase operational efficiency and operational risk effectiveness.
- Identify and engage appropriate stakeholders to facilitate targeted deep dives, thematic reviews, and any additional directives from senior leadership.
- 10+ years of technical experience in Consulting, Financial Services, and Payment with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of work experience with an Advanced degree
- In-depth understanding of issuing and acquiring statistical analysis, modeling, scoring schemes, etc.
- Practical understanding of risks and controls assessments with a proven track record of applying technical skills and competencies in challenging and complex situations
- Highly developed analytical skills with the ability to synthesize complex information into quality reporting and presentations
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to positively influence stakeholders at all levels
- Analyze trends in data to assist senior leadership with decision-making and process improvement initiatives; proficient in metrics and reporting
- Ability to work under pressure, managing tight deadlines and/or unexpected changes
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You’ll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Airwallex does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms/recruiters. Airwallex will not pay any fees to search firms/recruiters if a candidate is submitted by a search firm/recruiter unless an agreement has been entered into with respect to specific open position(s). Search firms/recruiters submitting resumes to Airwallex on an unsolicited basis shall be deemed to accept this condition, regardless of any other provision to the contrary.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime