Senior Salesforce Engineer
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 600 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of payments and commerce for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
About The Role
Joining our growing Technology Team as a Senior Salesforce Developer, you will advise and collaborate with the wider business to design and implement Salesforce-led solutions.
What You'll Be Doing
- Design and lead the implementation of efficient Salesforce led solutions to satisfy validated business needs
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Provide thought leadership for major Salesforce application solutions as a subject matter expert
- Consult with other internal application teams to design and develop integration solution between in-house applications and our platform
- Lead the evaluation and testing of proposed third party app exchange solutions
- Define testing strategy and risks, as well as perform testing and quality assurance as required
- Create new and document changes to solution design and implementation on the platform.
- Manage ongoing support requests, ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Advise on Salesforce capability and incorporate best practices in solution design the is secure and scalable
- Lead the development, maintenance and continuously improvement of DevOps methods and practices
- Provide guidance on development which includes test class and automation frameworks
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of Salesforce data model and data architecture principles
- Strong understanding of Salesforce declarative capabilities, and ability to determine right customisation approach
- Hands-on Salesforce development experience including APEX Controllers and Triggers, Batch, Integration, APIs, SOQL, SOSL, VFP, Lightning frameworks and LWC
- Hands on experience working with version control and CI/CD infrastructure
- Proficiency with Salesforce application development tools (Process Builder, Visual flow, workflows, IDE, etc.)
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the Salesforce platform
- Knowledge of object-oriented methodologies and approaches
- Proficiency in web-based application development languages and tools
- Knowledge of integration patterns
- Knowledge of all phases of software development including requirements analysis, design, configuration, testing, debugging, implementation, and support
- Good understanding and experience with agile delivery methodology
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a high degree of initiative and flexibility
- Thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into requirements
- Good understanding of authentication, authorisation and security patterns
Perks & Benefits
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and many more!
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 650 staff, $34 billion in transactions in FY22, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses.
Wow the Customer - We love our customers and we want them to love us too.
Be Good - We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing - even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
Commit to Greatness - We think big, move fast and dare to be different. We're always asking "what's next?"
Stay Hungry - We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win.
Win Together - We are a united team. With growth mindsets and without ego, we embrace diversity to collaborate, innovate and accelerate.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking