Senior Business Development Leader
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The successful candidate for this position will Lead a Sales team responsible for Visa’s business with a number of clients in South Korea through relationship management and sales disciplines. Strong and inclusive leadership skills are a must for this role. Extensive knowledge of payments combined with a passion for digital innovations, alongside strong communication and project management skills are key elements to success in this role.
- Able to interact with senior / C-Level client executives to further business objectives
- Leads a team to drive the execution of operational plans and strategies, established by sub-functional leadership
- Drives organizational impact by focusing on mid- to long term client operational plans (e.g., 3-5 years)
- Able to work on ambiguous problem statements which are usually undefined and unique, and may require extensive information gathering, analysis and investigation
- Communicates with internal and external stakeholders to influence executive leadership decision-making
- Leads prospecting and client management efforts for Visa
- Crafts client specific strategies and executes accordingly to accelerate payment volumes growth with clients, often across cross-functional teams
- Identifies and prioritizes new business opportunities in market
- Builds strong understanding of local market context of payments, banking and financial services, retail and other key industries that impact Visa’s Business
- Manages the annual planning cycle to ensure the team is focused on the highest priority objectives
- Mentors and coaches a team in a positive and collaborative environment
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office three days a week.
- At least 15 years of proven sales and relationship management, with expertise in the payments / financial services industry
- Strong track record of client service, strategy development and execution
- Strong management skills and ability to lead a team within a matrixed management organization.
- Proven ability to run, grow and protect the franchise collaboratively across functions and geographies.
- Ability to adapt to market needs and lead change management in an evolving environment.
- Cultural sensitivity and global mind set.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions