Head of Revenue & Growth, Japan
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions
of companies - from the world’s largest enterprises to the most
ambitious startups - use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue,
and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase
the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead.
That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global
economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of
About The Team
As our Japan Country Lead, one of the most diverse roles at Stripe, you
will excel at handling ambiguity and uncertainty. You know what it is
like to start something from scratch, grow it structurally and
methodically. You will represent Stripe across the Japan region. We are
looking for people who have been directly involved in scaling a business
from inception. Stripe is a highly technical company and a strong sense
of how to market and localize our product is key
What you’ll do
- Help recruit and expand the Japan Go to Market team needed to support and grow the market in Japan.
- Work to establish the awareness of Stripe’s broad solutions, gain trust in the community and build out wider brand recognition.
- Drive market growth through the structuring and execution of a sales, marketing, and partnerships strategy, building a comprehensive GTM strategy for Japan.
- Manage the regional business financial forecast.
- Handle the day to day operations of Stripe in the market, fielding questions and issues which touch every part of the organisation.
- Work to localise the product to user needs as needed, through coordination with the product team to create the best experience possible for local users.
- Work with the Communications team to undertake press interviews, event
Presentations And Other Activities Required To Represent Stripe
Who you are
- You have extensive domestic and cross border experiences in Japan.
- You have at least 17 years experience managing and building large teams.
- You have a strong sales management leadership record. This includes a strong track record of meeting and over achieving revenue targets.
- You will have experience leading within the Enterprise/Government market segment, as well as with regional digital native organisations and startups.
- You feel comfortable communicating and building relationships with customers and partners.
- You have a user first mindset and care about collaboration to localise products for customers in the region.
- Experience working cross functionally, especially with the Product Development organisation to represent the needs of the Japanese market
- Business fluency in Japanese and English.
- Strong relationships with major System Integrators will be an added advantage.
- You can think globally, act locally, and thrive in a multicultural, startup environment.
- Prior Fintech or Payments industry experience is an advantage but not a hard requirement
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Payments infrastructure for the internet.