Regulatory Reporting Program Manager, Asia-Pacific
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions
of companies—from the world’s largest enterprises to the most ambitious
startups—use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue, and
accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase the
GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead. That
means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global economy
within everyone’s reach while doing the most important work of your
About The Team
Our business exists within a highly regulated industry. We are licensed
in several countries worldwide and each of those licenses impose certain
operational requirements on Stripe, including reporting key information
to our regulators.
Stripe provides regulated payments and financial services products, and
also has a number of regulated subsidiaries, including in Australia,
Thailand, Singapore, and Malaysia. Periodic and ad hoc regulatory
reporting programs exist stemming from license requirements, and are
critical aspects of the supervisory mechanisms for these entities. The
Global Regulatory Reporting team leads the process by which Stripe’s
regulatory data is reported externally to regulators in support of our
What you’ll do
In this role, you will support the Global Regulatory Reporting team by
partnering with Legal, Compliance, Accounting, Business/Product, and
Data Analytics teams across Stripe to maintain Stripe’s APAC regulatory
reporting program. This may include understanding and documenting the
applicable regulatory reporting requirements in the region, implementing
systems and processes for comprehensively tracking those requirements
for each of Stripe’s APAC entities, maintaining the end to end processes
for the collation of data, production of reports, and continuously
monitoring compliance to meet the expectations of Stripe’s regulators.
Stripe is both a technology company and a financial services company,
and you will need to be comfortable straddling both of those worlds
every day. The right person for the role will enjoy dealing with that
puzzle, seeking creative solutions and moving quickly, often in the face
- Maintain the Regulatory Reporting Program for Stripe in APAC and be accountable to verify and responsible for the timely submission of in-scope reports to the regulators in the region and ensuring the program’s overall effectiveness.
- Partner with Regulatory Legal and Compliance teams in APAC to understand and document Stripe APAC’s regulatory reporting requirements, ensuring such requirements are actionable for supporting data and engineering teams.
- Liaise with data science, engineering, and business teams to ensure the required data inputs for all reports are correct, and that the underlying logic generating all reports is up to date and operating effectively.
- Help build scalable mechanisms and controls for tracking compliance with regulatory reporting requirements in APAC and in line with the Global Regulatory Reporting Operating Model.
- Continually identify and create efficiencies in the regulatory reporting process, working closely with Regulatory Legal, Compliance, Accounting, Data Science, and Engineering.
- Partner with Global Regulatory Reporting to establish appropriate quality control processes to ensure regulatory reports are accurate, meet the documented requirements, and are signed off as appropriate, and ensure that they are auditable.
- Consult with the Global Regulatory Reporting team, APAC Business, product and functional teams to develop and manage an effective change management process as and when reporting requirements change due to internal and external factors.
- Produce periodic APAC Regulatory Reporting program health reports for management/Board of Directors, including trend analysis and recommended strategies.
Who you are
We’re looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be
considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are
encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a
- 5-6 years experience in similar Compliance, Regulatory, or Accounting roles (e.g. bank, capital markets institutions).
- Excellent working knowledge of the APAC regulatory compliance environment for regulated financial services (e.g., payments/e-money) obligations.
- Experience preparing reports for regulators such as the MAS (Monetary Authority of Singapore), BNM (Bank Negara Malaysia) and other local regulatory bodies in APAC.
- Experience in data analytics, and navigation of multiple data sources to produce cohesive and accurate regulatory reporting deliverables.
- Experience reading, analyzing and compiling financial reports, accounting statements, and financial regulatory transaction reports.
- Experience in project management and/or ongoing program management related to regulatory reporting in a financial services environment, especially in the APAC region.
- Demonstrated experience in executing complex cross-company projects.
- The ability to quickly understand complex problems, handle large volumes of data/information and exercise excellent judgment in helping find a well-balanced solution.
- The ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- An effective and relatable “culture of compliance” mentality.
- Language competency in Thai and/or Bahasan (Malay/ Indonesian)
- Familiarity with SQL and ability to understand and create queries.
- Financial, accounting or technology degree.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Payments infrastructure for the internet.