Job Type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Melbourne or Sydney; other locations will be considered
Job Category: Banking and Financial Services,Technology
Judo Bank is on the lookout for an innovative Solution Designer who will have a focus are in Core Banking.
Who are we?
We’re Judo Bank. A purpose-built challenger bank, built on old-fashioned values like integrity, trusted relationships and an enterprising spirit. Born out of a desire to reinvent the craft of relationship banking for the Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) market, and to challenge the status quo in a market dominated by the four major banks.
We started from a PowerPoint and a bold vision to make a difference in Australian business banking. In a few short years we have grown significantly and with offices in each state Judo Bank is one of the fastest growing new banks in the world. We’re proud to support Australian SMEs and are a business built on trusted relationships, putting our people and customers in the centre of everything we do.
Being agile and adaptive, we are purpose built to say yes, to make it easier for our customers to get the funding they need, when they need it. We pride ourselves on our personal relationships with customers, our diverse workforce and collaborative culture.
Now, about this role…
As part of our rapid growth Judo is making real investments in our technical capabilities, including establishing our shiny new Solutions Design practice. The practice was born from a vision to create a team that understands “the whole problem” and can bring together a deep understanding of our platforms, broader technology, and our particular SME focused business needs, to enable great solutions. Being a new team, this is also a unique opportunity to build out a design culture and standards and build a strong body of knowledge in SME banking. If that’s for you, we have multiple roles with a broad range of focus areas.
If you love:
- Enabling customer and business outcomes through technology
- Being the link between business and technology teams
- Seeing solutions come alive
- Being part of a dynamic business and market challenger
- Working in a diverse workforce where you can bring your own capabilities, experiences and knowledge to help build the foundations of Judo
Desired Skills and Experience
Then this just might be…
Your dream job:
- Be the link between development teams, architects and product owners
- Go deep into the detail and understanding how our platforms work, what they are capable of, and how they can solve our business needs
- Challenge our partners to ask why, and why not?
- Enable stories by ensuring technical components can be delivered into their designated releases
- Craft detailed level design (DLD).
- Elaborate solutions into actionable tasks
- Control technical scope and apply solution consistency across technology components throughout initiatives and themes
- Work closely with technology architects and vendors
- Get involved in a variety of modern cloud technologies
- Connect with the business and product owners to gain a broader understanding of the business challenges
- Deep dive into event-based integration and data flows to enable a data-driven architecture
- Ensure the quality of a build by supporting both business and technology testing
- Collaborate with the different internal teams and service providers
- Support the solution documentation and project transition to release and application management
- Available knowledge and toolkits to support collaboration of ideas e.g. event storming methods
- Have strong peer or mentor support
- Delivering outcomes in an agile way
A little bit about you…
The skills you’ve picked up along the way:
- Essential experience designing data and event flows
- Mapping of detailed data elements between systems to complete Detailed Level Design of a solution
- Hands-on experience the full technology delivery lifecycle, from design and build to testing, deployment and transition to application management
- Methodical thought process in identifying and isolating impacts
- Worked in Agile teams and are very familiar with Agile ceremonies, processes, and methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to articulate ideas, concepts, and solutions
- Ability to adapt communication style to people with different backgrounds e.g. operations, technology and vendors
- Effective collaboration with business stakeholders, delivery leads, product owners, designers, developers, and multiple service providers
- A dynamic working style that can adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Passionate advocate in introducing small yet impactful improvement initiatives to enrich design process with a feedback loop to the Judo Service Engineering community
- Experience with AWS, Confluent, Kafka, AWS and Azure is highly regarded
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML, LDAP)
Candidates have one or more of the following focus areas:
- Core Banking simplification
- Payments and APIs
- Lending and Funding
- Internet Banking
Your life pre-Judo:
- You are/were in a role where you’ve had strong exposure to both Technical and Functional tracks. Your capacity may be termed as Business or Systems Analyst, Designer or Consultant, Configurator or Lead Developer
- 5 or more years of experience in various capacity in technology engineering / solution design
- Bachelor’s degree in Technology or equivalent practical experience
- Banking experience is a plus but not essential
- Proven experience with detailed solution design and the ability to derive practical business outcomes
- You have a demonstrated ability to figure out solutions to hard problems in an unstructured environment
- Prior experience working in agile environments within multidisciplinary teams, and a solid understanding of agile processes/practices
- You’ll need Australian working rights.
Judo’s culture sets us apart…
- Accountability – make the decision and own it. Do what you say.
- Performance – make today better, stronger and faster than yesterday.
- Teamwork – we’re not a team of champions, we’re a champion team.
- Trust – the foundation of our purpose and our relationships.
We are looking for people who are:
Resilient | Positive | Inquisitive | Hungry | Adaptive | Passionate | Courageous | Decisive | Hands on
What our team members say about us:
Our people are empowered to make decisions, take ownership, and have their say. Bureaucracy is left at the door and it’s all about the team. We are passionate about attracting, embracing and celebrating diverse talent. Judo is a place where everyone belongs, where our people and customers thrive because our unique differences make us collectively stronger. Our people work hard with our purpose in mind and have a lot of fun in the process – revolutionising Australian SME business banking and working in the best job they have ever had!
Some of our Perks:
- Annual incentive program
- 6 weeks’ annual leave
- Yearly happiness allowance to spend on your health, family, a charity or whatever makes you happy (not your gas bill!)
- Big life event leave
- Home office set up allowance when you first start
- Judo Staff home loan
- Flexible work environment
- Education assistance
- And much, much more!
If this is the perfect fit for you, please reach out – we’d love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Boldly Backing Business