Enterprise Agency Partner Manager (Remote, ANZ)
Opportunity is not evenly distributed. Shopify puts independence within reach for anyone with a dream to start a business. Since 2006, we’ve grown to over 10,000 employees and generated over $496 billion in sales for 2 million merchants in 175 countries. Every 28 seconds, an entrepreneur on Shopify makes their first sale.
This is life-defining work that directly impacts people’s lives as much as it transforms your own. This is putting the power of the few in the hands of the many, is a future with more voices rather than fewer, and is creating more choices instead of an elite option.
About The Role
At Shopify we believe in making commerce simple for entrepreneurs and enterprise brands. We give merchants the scalability, reliability and flexibility they need to build their businesses and create economic independence. Shopify helps power commerce experiences for over 2 million companies like JB Hi-Fi, Culture Kings, Allbirds, and many more. We are in hyper-growth, building the tools and experiences for today’s leading brands and creating a level playing field for entrepreneurs who are just getting started.
Shopify can’t make commerce simple alone. Enterprise brands need an ecosystem of world class agency partners to help them migrate to and grow on the Shopify platform. The Shopify Agency Partnerships team works across the organization to enable scalable growth through:
- Identifying enterprise agency partners
- Working with a group of enterprise ready, high growth partners to accelerate the growth of Shopify in the ANZ region
- Enabling these partners on our platform’s capability, through a high-touch dedicated service model.
- Generating net new merchant referrals from partners.
- Contributing to GMV (Gross Merchandise Volume) growth from partner referred merchants.
- Building effective GTM engines with our partners for specific merchant segments.
- Co-create and execute Joint Business Plans with our enterprise partners, to ensure net merchant growth and GMV and revenue growth goals are met.
Real talk: being a member of a fast-moving team doing cutting edge work in a hyper growth environment is not always easy. That said, being pushed to the top of your game with smart, dedicated and highly-engaged colleagues and partners is incredibly fulfilling and a great catalyst for personal growth.
- You excel at establishing and growing mutually beneficial business relationships
- You're a bit of a super sleuth and know how to research a business
- You're keen to help people keep their promises and aren't afraid to enforce the rules
- Ecommerce experience strongly preferred
- Great business development skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- You understand the inner workings of a digital/commerce first agency
- Can work well as part of a team and as an individual contributor
- 5+ years in partnerships or sales. Note we are looking for the right candidate hence tenure is not the only factor considered.
- Most importantly, you need to have the right attitude. Shopify is a fast paced company, hence we need someone who will be proactive, take initiative, be responsive and come to work each day with a growth mindset.
PROJECTS YOU’LL WORK ON:
- Creating and executing joint business plans with key partners to develop go to market strategies
- Be able to understand and communicate the competitive strengths of each assigned partner
- Recruit and educate prospective partners
- Assist with training and onboarding new partners and new employees of each partner
- Managing a pipeline of partner sales opportunities and working alongside the Plus sales team
- Creating a joint value proposition for each partner and identifying who the relevant audience is
- Work with marketing to identify opportunities for campaigns, co-marketing, case studies and events that increase partner pipeline
- Propose potential business deals by discovering and exploring opportunities with existing partners
- Speak and attend events to evangelize Shopify Plus to prospective partners and merchants
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Anyone, anywhere, can start a business