Senior Business Development Manager (18-month fixed term)
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
This position is an 18-month fixed-term full-time role as part of the Client Relationship Management team in Korea, responsible for managing Visa's key clients in Korea through relationship management and business development activities.
What a Senior BDM does at Visa:
- Responsible for managing key clients with discipline of Visa Korea client coverage model and develop and execute client account plan with strategic focus
- Achieve Visa objectives defined through AE Scorecard with specific client gross revenue, net revenue, market share, and payment volume targets
- Development and execution of client deals, opportunities, and business activities collaborating with cross functional team
- Present and commercialize new Visa services, products, and digital solutions to clients
- Delivery of projects which ensure profitable business for Visa and its clients
- Communicate Visa business to clients effectively with precision
- Establish and maintain positive and constructive relationships with key client contacts
- Manage client through coordinating and fully utilizing Visa Playbook (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Facilitate and direct internal Visa support areas in response to specific client requests and ensure the delivery of risk, marketing, product, operations and innovation support
- Co-ordinate and present regular business and industry updates during client engagement
- Develop business case justifications for investment decisions and propose to country management for approval
- Stay current and up to date with the latest innovation, digital trends, research, skills and education
- Champion bold ideas and new ways of doing things
- Operate account management with the highest level of integrity
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- 7 + years of proven sales experience with strong account management, project management skills, client relationship management, and business consultation experience from the relevant industry
- Ability to work independently without supervision, may coach and review the work of others
- Responsible for managing small projects or processes and providing guidance to other employees in job area
- Prefer knowledge and business experiences from bank or/and card payment industry with Credit, Debit, Commercial, Prepaid business, Online Payment, and merchant payment services etc.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation, and selling skills for internal and external
- Keeps client needs at the forefront of priorities and takes action to provide high quality solutions/ services that exceed expectations
- Adapt and recognize the appropriate mix of qualitative and quantitative input required to make an informed decision, particularly when prompt action is required
- Determine success criteria and key performance indicators for achievement of results and track and monitor progress against those criteria
- Encourage others to openly share and build on each other's new ideas, products or solutions
- Demonstrate energy and positive response when tackling challenging problems and view complicated tasks as engaging or motivating
- Show openness to new ideas, modifying viewpoints and direction in light of new information
- Quickly adapt to multiple changing work demands and priorities by adjusting style and tactics to fit the new circumstances
- Quickly recover from setbacks or failure by viewing as a lesson learned and trying again
- Actively promotes an environment of inclusion and diversity
- Communicates openly, honestly and respectfully – ensuring opinions are heard
- Proactively limit or mitigate unconscious biases when making decisions
- Leadership skills in areas of Integrity, Clients, People, Innovation, Excellence, Collaboration
- Ability to perform deal structuring, client negotiation with strategic sales approach, and create client proposal utilizing MS excel sheet, power point, and MS word
- Good English language skills in reading, writing, listening, and speaking
- Good analytical skills and financial acumen to understand the profitability of card payment economics
- Have mindset of digital curiosity and savvy – applying your knowledge to the way you work
- Ask challenging and stretching questions to stimulate innovative thinking
- Consistently search for innovative, more efficient ways to work and make incremental improvements to evicting processes or ways of doing business with internal or external clients
- Innovate quickly to create results when new, relevant information surfaces
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions