Data & Insights Analyst
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Global Business Optimization team has a simple mission: we turn massive amounts of data into actionable insights that drive business value. Our analytic consultants and data analysts work with Visa’s clients and staff to improve portfolio performance, program profitability and cardholder experiences.
Our focus is creating, enabling and delivering robust Payment Success initiatives that remove payment friction for Visa and its clients.
Robust automation, effective visualization, and both experience and understanding of how to utilize big data environments is critical. The ability to manage BAU reporting activities in parallel with projects and new initiatives whilst having the adequate setting and balance of priorities is essential to the success of the role. Innovation and a willingness to challenge traditional paradigms are important to the success of the role.
This role derives analytic insights into client performance improvements and helps to deliver those findings to external and internal stakeholders. Prior to completing an analysis, this role will formulate and source the necessary datasets from internal tools and platforms, rendering insights in compelling presentations and visualizations.
Specific activities may include:
- Create and present analytic deliverables to external Visa clients, colleagues in the Global Business Optimization team, and other internal stakeholders with varying degrees of analytical and technical expertise
- Gain an understanding of root problems, define analytical objectives, and formalize data requirements for various types of analyses
- Combine and analyze disparate data sources and derive insights in a Big Data environment
- Proactively facilitate the overall analytic delivery strategy for the organization
- Compare client performance against industry best practices with a shrewd eye toward identifying performance and/or profitability improvement opportunity
- Develop presentations of complex data and content for clients in an accurate, understandable, and engaging manner
- Perform program and project management for effective delivery of the insights to the clients.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- At least 3-5 years of experience working in data analysis and/or insight delivery with a proven record of creating business value using data
- Degree in a quantitative field
- Proficient manipulating data from a variety of sources - Big data skills (Hadoop, Hive, Python, Spark) and/or SQL skills required
- Experience visualizing data with tools like Tableau is a plus
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are required
- Must be proficient in all MS Office applications with advanced Excel spreadsheet skills and PowerPoint
- Visa experience or knowledge of the payments industry is a plus
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions