For more than 30 years Verifone has established a remarkable record of leadership in the electronic payment technology industry. Verifone has one of the leading electronic payment solutions brands and is one of the largest providers of electronic payment systems worldwide.
Verifone has a diverse, dynamic and fast paced work environment in which employees are focused on results and have opportunities to excel. We take pride in the fact that we work with leading retailers, merchants, banks, and third party partners to invent and deliver innovative payments solution around the world. We strive for excellence in our products and services, and are obsessed with customer happiness. Across the globe, Verifone employees are leading the payments industry through experience, innovation, and an ambitious spirit. Whether it’s developing the next platform of secure payment systems or searching for new ways to bring electronic payments to new markets, the team at Verifone is dedicated to the success of our customers, partners and investors. It is this passion for innovation that drives each one of our employees for personal and professional success.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Buyer/Planner, you are responsible for all buying activities for accessories and spares associated with internal and external repair providers, sales customers and products achieving key operational, supply chain and sales and repair goals.
This role requires harmonic work with other departments including Supply Planning, Demand Planning, Engineering, Repair Centers, and Supply Chain to ensure the consistent, cost-effective supply of products to customers, internal repair operations and our third-party repair partners.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Review and action weekly Planned Order Report
- Review Excess Transfer report weekly to ensure we are moving excess with our internal and external partners before buying new material to eliminate/reduce aging inventory
- Review and action weekly reschedule and cancellation report.
- Manage E&O materials
- Ensure accuracy of all supplier PO commits
- Create and maintain sourcing rules and/or BOD in Oracle
- Create and maintain Global Purchase Agreements
- Create and maintain supplier records
- Update Item attributes as required
- Interact with sales and repair demand planners and ensure the forecast drivers are accurate
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organization in developing production plans for on time delivery to support repair requirements
- Work closely with Repair Demand Planners on buffer strategies, MOQ’s and standard pack quantities to ensure inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs are in line
- Participate in process improvements which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus forecast to better guide the company and better anticipate customer need
- Execute with excellence in the area of customer replenishment and feedback to the Supply Chain group the opportunities and risks regarding customer replenishment performance metrics
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS WILL YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL?
- 2 to 5 years directly related experience with at least two years of work in Purchasing
- Working knowledge of supply chain methods and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or any related fields
- Proven knowledge in, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision-making, and presentation skills
- Ability to independently operate in a dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge and experience of Microsoft applications such as Excel, Power Point and other applications
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all teams, areas and levels of business affecting the forecast process.
- Fluency in English language, both written and verbal is required; Ability to speak Mandarin is an advantage
- Knowledge in Oracle is preferred
Verifone is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Verifone is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Verifone solves the world’s most complex payment challenges every day