Tech Lead, VTTP Program
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The Visa Technology Traineeship Program is a Visa partnership with the Singapore Economic Board (EDB) to recruit and train local technology talent by growing a pipeline of strong talent from non-traditional backgrounds. This is to address manpower needs of the local Technology and FinTech industries. The program aims to recruit 300 trainees, in 5 batches over 4 years, with each batch undergoing industrial training by professionals and job trainings with Visa over a period of 12 months.
The Technology Lead will have both people and technology skills and will play the role of a people leader and coach to the apprentices. Candidates for the role should be self-motivated and passionate about people and their training and development. They will have experience in managing technical teams. The Lead plays a crucial role in achieving the objectives of the apprenticeship. This includes oversight of the technical training program, managing the successful training of the apprentices and serving as their people manager.
- Be the people manager of the apprentices.
- Onboard the apprentices into Visa as required.
- Provide ongoing supervision of the learning progress of the apprentices through constant interactions with training instructors and Visa mentors, as well as regular reviews with each apprentice.
- Assess and counsel the apprentices on their performance in learning.
- Provide counseling to the apprentices on professional/career matters.
- Working with training partner and hosting managers, assess suitability of apprentices for their preferred role.
- Facilitate the assignment of apprentices to the selected teams and hosting managers.
- Provide ongoing reporting to the program management team.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
• 10+ years of experience as an engineer in software development, testing, cyber security or operations and infrastructure management.
• Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience in managing a team of engineers.
• Demonstrated passion in staff development.
• Ability in interacting with people from varied age groups and professional backgrounds.
• Ability in managing cross-functional stakeholders.
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions