Risk Compliance Specialist
Job no: CF8F8
Opportunity to move to a smaller team while broadening your experience
Work across products including BNPL and Credit Cards!
Flexible working with work from home and back to base days
We Dream. We Design. We Deliver.
This is the place where you’ll be hands on. Where new ideas are welcomed and expected.
At every level – and in every role – we’re doers and builders. Not Managers and minders.
hummgroup is one of Australasia’s most successful and enduring fintech organisations with a proud legacy of rewriting the playbook for digital spending. We help people buy everything, everywhere, every day. Our product ecosystem of buy now pay later, credit cards, and business financing products has been designed around the core needs of today's shoppers, retailers, and small and medium enterprises.
What's so exciting about this role?
This is a hands on role where you will provide high quality, regulatory, operational risk, governance and compliance advice and assistance across the business. You will be responsible for the ongoing validation and management of operational risk and compliance performance, as well as leading continuous improvement of both existing models and strategy.
What Does An Average Day Look Like?
No day is average at hummgroup but here’s an idea of what you can expect to do in this role:
- Perform Level 2 tasks for AML/CTF operations to resolve escalations from customer onboarding, sanctions screening, fraud, and transaction monitoring.
- Manage Suspicious Reporting tasks, including drafting, submitting and statistic reporting for senior management.
- Manage merchant onboarding, accreditation and due diligence.
- Monitor risk and address any issues / control gaps by analysing and implementing projects to improve controls.
- Maintain the compliance registers to ensure compliance with our legislative obligations, relevant standards, industry best practice and our licences.
- Proactively manage any risk or compliance incidents to ensure that the business is on track with any remediation.
- Monitoring RAS tolerances against set metrics and manage subsequent reporting and action plans.
- Conduct control effectiveness testing.
- Compile and prepare bi-monthly risk and compliance reporting.
- Assist in data collation and finalisation of annual Australian Credit Licence certification.
- Build strong relationships with external stakeholders (auditors, regulators) and internal stakeholders.
Who will thrive in this role?
You thrive in a fast-paced environment and will roll up your sleeves to get things done. You are a visionary leader who believes in the strength of good relationships. You bring extensive experience working in the consumer/retail credit sector and hold significant knowledge of the fundamentals of effective credit risk management.
We are also looking for someone who brings:
- Demonstrated experience in the application of effective Operational Risk & Compliance frameworks;
- Experience working within the Financial Industry.
- Ability to translate statistical principles and model based solutions into practical business applications;
- Experience in compliance policy reviews/internal audits and system/process design/implementation;
- Strong ability to prepare and distribute meaningful reporting and portfolio performance insights;
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders from varying business units and geographic locations.
- A tertiary qualification in a quantitative discipline with a good level of industry experience or equivalent.
Working at hummgroup
This role will allow you the freedom to further develop, be creative and to champion best practices. We embrace flexible working arrangements, ensuring a genuine work-life balance and fun, vibrant culture – a team of highly engaged and high performing people, all intent on revolutionising the way people pay.
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for then apply today!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Revolutionising the way people buy