Senior Business Development Manager
Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About the Role
As a Senior Business Development Manager in the Large Enterprise team, you will be a key part of the broader Commercial AU business unit with the focus on identifying, pursuing and closing opportunities to drive revenue and growth for the business. You will be maintaining a healthy pipeline of merchants within your focus verticals, with our customers and merchants at the heart of every decision you make.
As part of this role you will :
- Become a vertical specialist within the fashion and retail verticals for both in-store and online merchants
- Assist with the development of your sales pipeline by managing each stage from prospecting to closing
- Leverage industry research and insights to provide impactful value to merchant’s propositions.
- Identify the needs of the merchants and link our payment solutions to add value to their business and consumers.
- Complete financial modelling and pricing on all new deals for mutually beneficial outcomesBuild presentations to deliver to key decision-making audience (C Level)
- Strong ability and desire to be in the detail and closely work with and project manage multiple cross-functional teams across the wider business to ensure the end-to-end delivery of opportunities
- Work with Merchant Experience and Partner Success teams to provide transition of account support and ensure TTV targets are reached over the course of the FY.
To help us level up, you'll bring:
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in demonstrated ability to sell products or tech with a track record of closing new business.
- Ideally with Large Enterprise experience with long and complex sales cycles across a variety of verticals including, retail, government, insurance, education or marketplace verticals
- Previous experience in FinTech, Financial Service, Payments or Category Management will be highly desirable
- Demonstrate a track record in achieving business development targets and building customer relationships through business salesE
- xcellent commercial astuteness, communication, negotiation and relationship management skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- The art of managing different personalities and customers to gain desired outcomes
- Our values in your DNA: Customer First, Own It, Stronger Together and Change the Game
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.