Business Development Manager
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
What a Business Development Manager for Thailand does at Visa:
The Manager will be responsible for building and executing sales and business development strategies for co-brands and Visa acceptance expansion in Thailand. The role seeks to deepen existing relationships and build new ones with partners including acquirers, payment facilitators, enablers and merchants to drive new business.
This role requires leadership, vision and creativity to develop and execute on the market co-brand strategy and improve the performance of existing portfolios. In addition, this role will drive the expansion of Visa’s acceptance initiatives and the deployment of Visa’s suite of seller-side solutions. This role will be involved in leading the business development processes from prospecting, sell-in, negotiating, contracting and execution to win new business for co-brands and acceptance expansion in Thailand.
This role will report directly to the Head of MS&A in Thailand. This role will collaborate with functions across Visa such as the co-brand partnerships team at Visa’s AP hub and merchant sales leaders, issuer account leaders, marketing, consulting, analytics and product teams in Visa’s Thailand organization. Externally, this role will collaborate and negotiate directly with senior executives and payment professionals at our partners.
Key responsibilities of the position:
- Manage existing merchant and partner relationships with an emphasis on growing/accelerating co-brands, new acceptance and selling in relevant Visa products and services
- Build and execute co-brand & acceptance development strategy in Thailand, in alignment with Thailand and regional priorities
- Sign new deals and lead business development and own P&L for high priority co-brand & acceptance expansion opportunities in Thailand including renewals and net new opportunities.
- Drive pitch and proposal development and lead external discussions and negotiations with co-brand partners, acquirers, payment facilitators or merchants to secure new business and grow existing business.
- Drive cross-functional discussions with the relevant stakeholders to construct Visa’s value story and lead internal alignment.
- Serve as internal and external thought leader responsible for communicating Visa's Co-brand and partnership vision, strategy and perspective within a rapidly evolving industry.
- Develop and manage sales pipeline including prospect prioritization, sales strategy and cross functional collaboration.
This role requires the incumbent to be a lateral thinker with initiative, and a flexible can-do responsible attitude as well as good multi-tasking capabilities. The individual must be a confident and friendly communicator with the desire to add value at different levels within the organization. Importantly, the incumbent needs to be a strategic thinker with a strong understanding of the payments business and a passion for driving business outcomes
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher education.
- 8+ years of experience in the payment ecosystem including co-brand business, retailer loyalty programs, acquiring banks, payments facilitators, merchant acceptors, payments networks or fintech operators is advantage.
- Track record in developing client relationships and sales partnerships across a variety of relevant industries such as everyday spend, airline, retail and/or ecommerce/digital marketplace.
- Market understanding of the payments industry and Thailand market landscape. Relationships across key players would be valuable. Sound perspective on Thailand market government and regulatory environment.
- Effective interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across functions and geographies in a complex matrix environment.
- Analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- A team player who is able to develop strong internal and external relationships ensuring uptake and delivery of Visa solutions. Effective influencing and communication skills to secure buy-in from clients and stakeholders
- Flexibility, adaptability and ability to navigate complexity is required to succeed in a matrixed environment managing varied stakeholders. The role requires the ability to work across cultures and industries.
- Fluent in both Thai and English.
- Able to engage meaningfully with senior partner executives across banks, merchants, payments intermediaries and technology firms.
- Full time position, based in Bangkok. Ability to travel for business is required.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions