Sales Development Representative
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards. Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more. We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Square Australia Sales team is looking for a Sales Development Representative. A newly created role in the Australian SDR team, the SDR will be a brand ambassador for Square Australia, identifying and qualifying prospective inbound sellers while promoting the value of Square for their business. You will use insights and product knowledge to educate and support customers, understanding how Square’s ecosystem of products can fit different types of businesses. You will work with Square sellers of all sizes, from small family run businesses to larger strategic partnerships for Square, and will report to the Head of Sales.
- Respond to marketing-driven inbound leads received by word of mouth, email, phone and social media
- Quickly determine which customers are good product fits for Square
- Prioritise your pipeline for maximum efficiency daily
- Understand complex enterprise requirements and help craft custom solutions
- Gain experience working with Square Sales, Marketing and Partnership teams
- Maintain current knowledge of the global Square product ecosystem and how this may help large value Australian merchants to further grow their businesses
- Create a great first impression for prospective Square merchants by using storytelling, case studies and other materials to inspire them about how Square could benefit their businesses
- Qualify inbound leads and schedule meetings between merchants and members of our Account Executive team
- Represent Square and our product ecosystem in the local Victorian and national Australian markets
- Keep up-to-date with the latest business, industry and product trends
- Partner with the Australian Account Executive team to gain exposure to the sales cycle and further develop your sales experience, and learn and maintain current understanding of Australian and global Square sales processes
- Attain (and ideally exceed) your sales development goals
- Maintain accurate sales data and documentation by using tools including Salesforce
- A desire to further develop your career in sales
- A passion for technology and the industry Square operates in
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Some experience in a qualifying or prospecting role with the ability to conduct outbound multi-channel outreach
At Square, our purpose is to empower – within and outside of our walls. In order to build the best tools for the businesses and customers we support all over the world, we have to start at home with a workforce as diverse and empowered as our sellers. To this end, we take great care to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally, based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. Applicants in need of special assistance or accommodation during the interview process or in accessing our website may contact us by sending an email to assistance(at)squareup.com. We will treat your request as confidentially as possible. In your email, please include your name and preferred method of contact, and we will respond as soon as possible.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Invent today. Shape tomorrow.