Customer Success Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary
As a Customer Success Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining and strengthening Enterprise strategic relationships with key leaders and decision makers in merchant organizations. The Customer Success Manager will serve as the product consultant and subject matter expert regarding company operations processes, procedures and policies. You will uncover and address strategic and product roadblocks to optimize the use of multiple PayPal products and mitigate merchant churn. With the ability to be a trusted advisor and strategic thought partner to merchants, you will be responsible for managing the customer relationship for merchants whose current value exceeds their potential value to PayPal. You will proactively address strategic and product roadblocks to enable use of multiple PayPal products and mitigate merchant churn. Your success in this role will be measured through customer satisfaction, integration quality, sales opportunities, and decline/churn prevention. Customer Success Managers must know the company’s products inside and out and proactively identify sales opportunities for lead pass generation to the Enterprise Sales team. They are often called upon to provide technical support to customers or to provide training on their products. They may even help customers plan and understand the best ways to utilize their software or products based on the customer’s business needs or business plans. Commit to providing value at every interaction. Serve as the focal point for all information and communication on critical operational issues and act as the service contact for all operational areas (technical, workflow, customer support, risk, billing, etc. issues
- Minimum 7 years of customer success or account servicing experience with complex, enterprise solutions to Fortune 1000 companies; 10+ years preferred
- Japanese native speaker with full proficiency in English.
- Multi-year track record of over-achievement
- Proven track record of successfully managing multiple customers, developing opportunities and exceeding new business targets
- Proven consultative sales abilities and proven ability to work well in a matrix environment, collaborating across multiple departments and influencing all levels within an organization
- Experience creating and updating 1-2 year communication plans to grow merchant relationships, including using internal reporting and identifying opportunity for improvement and enhancement
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant experience required
- Prior payments knowledge preferred
- Success in a start-up experience and/or sales role a plus
- Develop strategic relationships with merchant decision makers, including CTO and product owners
- Partner with merchant to develop strategy, build trust, and demonstrate value of PayPal
- Develop Customer Success Plans with key merchant contacts
- Develop and facilitate Quarterly Business Reviews with merchants
- Proactively deliver value to merchants through ongoing use and optimization of existing products
- Advocate for merchant with internal teams, including product, technical support, etc
- Manage existing portfolio growth by reviewing merchant operating model and identifying expansion opportunities
- Lead pass revenue-bearing opportunities to sales
- Drive merchant retention through ongoing relationship management and churn mitigation/negotiation
- Provide reactive servicing for production outages, refund approvals, brand risk product escalations, chargeback adjudications, etc.
- Address compliance, risk, and regulatory concerns, field incoming reporting and reconciliation questions, and address questions and complete formal analyses on declines and interchange
- Complete periodic underwriting review
- Manage cross-functional teams (including TAMs) to execute servicing needs
- Seek ways to constantly improve, absorb, and apply coaching from management to field activities
Key competencies of a Customer Success Manager
- Trusted advisor and proactive partner
- Ability to build strategic working relationships
- Value delivery
- Strong planner / organizer
- Ability to communicate, listen, and influence
- Adaptable / quick learner
- Strategy, product, and technical acumen and expertise
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal