This job is no longer accepting applications.
Thales people architect identity management and data protection solutions at the heart of digital security. Business and governments rely on us to bring trust to the billons of digital interactions they have with people. Our technologies and services help banks exchange funds, people cross borders, energy become smarter and much more. More than 30,000 organizations already rely on us to verify the identities of people and things, grant access to digital services, analyze vast quantities of information and encrypt data to make the connected world more secure.
Thales Japan has been present in Japan for more than 40 years and has been responsible for expanding our business as well as supporting the local users. Thales objectives are to be an active and recognised partner for the development of infrastructure in Japan and to cooperate with Japanese companies in the export market for defence, transportation, aerospace, space and security.
The Technical Consultant (TC) is a technical position of “technical consulting and delivery” organization of Mobile Communication Services department in Thales DIS who supports activities of Sales and Marketing organisation about technical topics (from pre-sales phase to commercial delivery and also after support phase) in order to convince business customers and distributors about selling products. The TC acts as a front technical interface position between internal teams and external customers to support customers/distributors to successfully integrate requirements, development, test/validation, and certify cooperate products during all stages of the project.
The TC is assigned to single or multiple dedicated key projects or customers to ensure continuity of good level of support. The coordination of the TC, their dedication to the regions and to customers, as well as prioritisation of assigned tasks is done by the Technical Consultant Director. If needed, this is also discussed in cooperation with the Sales and Marketing organisation.
Since Japan is one of the most important market for Thales DIS, it is a very challenging position, requiring a candidate who is able to keep an existing product quality and a relationship with customers, as well as to promote new solutions and products by means of technical expertise and communication skills. The TC will be in charge of a wide range of technical discussions (e.g. ranging from various standards, low level embedded software / hardware technology to application level features, and related solution deployment and planning). It exposes a candidate to be a future key player in Thales DIS worldwide.
The TC will be in charge of technical interface for a telecommunication and also a relevant market business field of Thales DIS for both devices and services such as SIM/USIM or eSIM for consumer and M2M/IoT, Occasionally, TC shall be getting involved with not only a Japanese domestic project but also be a member of foreign or multinational projects. The role involves working as part of a team which provides support to customers in dedicated region for cooperate products and solutions integration, pre-sales support, proposal, technical discussion, project management, lab/field-testing, production quality management, commercial delivery and after support. The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Establish a good relationship with customers and perform proactive communication through support.
- Understand customer’s requirements, problems, limitations, and needs.
Technical Consulting and Pre-sales
- Technical presentation and pre-sales support to customers.
- Technical training, Q&A, and paid consulting to customers.
- Promotion based on cooperate product portfolio and industry trends.
- Coordination of technical proposal and identification of the appropriate internal support for dedicated customers.
- Proactive tracking of business by close alignment with internal teams and customers.
- Acceptance, prioritization, and management of the correct internal processing of customer requirements.
- Identification of Thales DIS strategy by means of competitor analysis and, as a result, collection and development of leading against arguments.
- Discuss and negotiate technical requirements according to the both customer needs and Thales DIS product capabilities.
- Manage development projects as a local project manager to interact with R&D and production site to align with a planned schedule and available resources.
- Inquiry to support team, R&D, and product marketing manager for customer Q&A.
- Periodical project status reporting to customers and take care of change requests and issues.
- Commercial product configuration and perform validation.
- Manage industrialization process and deliver prototype samples and final commercial samples.
Delivery and After Support
- Ensure the delivery of commercial products and control product quality.
- Trouble shooting (including inquiry, log analysis, tracing, and on-site testing) to identify the root cause of problems
- failure reports, identification of solution or workaround and if needed internal defect escalation in a structured manner.
- Establish a good relationship with sales, marketing, product manager and R&D.
- Proper reporting to a manager.
- Understand internal process and implement tasks.
- Telecommunication (GSMA, ETSI/3GPP, Global Platform, 4G/5G)
- Consumer mobile devices (smart phone, mobile WiFi router, and etc)
- M2M/IoT devices (industrial/automotive devices, e.g. smart modems and car telecommunication units)
- Secure IC product features and manufacturing. (ISO/IEC, JEDEC)
- Shall have an experience of external customer communication. (meeting, phone call and email)
- Shall have a Native level Japanese communication skill in verbal and in written. (meeting, phone call and email)
- Shall have a Fluent English communication skill in verbal and in written. (meeting, phone call and email)
- Shall have a >3 years of work experience in IT industry.
- Shall have a >3 years of work experience of technical support position.
- Work experience in telecommunication technology and business is a plus but not mandatory.
- Work experience in M2M/IoT related technology and business is a plus but not mandatory.
- Work experience in security technology and business is a plus but not mandatory.
- ork experience in a semiconductor company is a plus but not mandatory.
- ighly self-motivated to challenge learning new technology.
- of team leading and project management are plus.
- in debugging of devices with lab test equipment (oscilloscope, protocol analyzer, network logger)
- in verification and validation of software/hardware including approvals testing and inter-operability testing.
- Shall have customer-oriented mind set, without losing the view of cooperate perspective.
- Shall be very fast learner, without being afraid to build up knowledge in new areas.
- Shall have an ability to work independently and successfully complete assignments.
- Shall be flexible in assuming tasks and short term reprioritization.
- Shall be a team player with the ability to communicate and act both within the group and across organizational borders.
- Shall have an ability to work in multicultural/multinational environment.
- Shall have goal and solution oriented project management skills with perseverance.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in technical majors is a plus.
- Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Information Technology major is a plus.
At Thales we provide CAREERS and not only jobs. With Thales employing 80,000 employees in 68 countries our mobility policy enables thousands of employees each year to develop their careers at home and abroad, in their existing areas of expertise or by branching out into new fields. Together we believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. Great journeys start here, apply now!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re investing in digital and “deep tech” innovations to build a future we can all trust.