Business Development Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Japan Client Relationship Management (CRM) team is currently a team of 23, that is accountable for managing client relationships with payment ecosystem stakeholders such as banks, financial institutions, platformers, eCommerce companies, wallet providers, etc.
The CRM team also works in collaboration with our Merchant Sales & Acquiring team on managing relationships with acquirers and merchants.
What a Business Development Manager Does At Visa
The primary objective for this role is to drive the execution of the highest priority deal and revenue opportunities across our client base through expertise in deal/project structuring and leading cross-functional teams. There is also an important role of supporting on the upskilling of the overall Japan CRM team to become more effective at deal structuring and project/program management.
Key Responsibilities Of The Role Include
- Excellent execution of key strategic priorities: Act as a champion for excellence in delivery of the Strategic Priorities defined in the Japan Business Strategy.
- Role modeling “the How”: Be a consistent role model of Visa’s Six Leadership Principles.
- Understanding clients’ business and champion how we support their success: Ensure the CRM team distills the right vision and strategy for client relationships in collaboration with cross-functional Visa team members. Key to this is working with client executives to ensure their priorities and operational capabilities are clearly understood and our work plans are clearly aligned with them.
- Delivering superior client experience of Visa: Act as the orchestrator of how our clients consistently experience the best of Visa’s global expertise by ensuring that the way that the entire Visa team (not just CRM, not just from Japan) interact with clients is professionally coordinated and clearly aligned to the priorities agreed with the client. This requires disciplined and committed leveraging of the Visa Client Playbook, of self and all others who work on client relationships.
- Achieving optimal balance of client and Visa’s interests: Continuously lead the team to refine the development and delivery of Visa's solutions for client through disciplined application of Visa’s client partnership model in a way that best balances the support for client to deliver on their priorities and to also deliver on Visa’s performance objectives. This will also include consistently analyzing the Visa business, market trends, regulations and competition to support optimal decision making.
- Driving sales: Driving delivery of a quality sales pipeline for core products and value added services.
- Support on establish and nurturing a world class CRM team: By supporting on team upskill to become more effective at deal structuring and project/program management
- Take clear ownership and accountability of the risks of the business and ensure that as a team, we effectively manage risk through consistent application of all of Visa’s relevant Key Controls.
Why this is important to Visa
As a business that’s success is primarily driven by how well our solutions deliver results for our clients and how strong our relationships with those clients, the business development manager is needed to ensure solution delivery on our highest value opportunities.
- Highly disciplined and organized approach to execute consistently and systematically on both immediate and long-term priorities.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams with a collaborative and results driven leadership style that is both inclusive and capable of decisive action.
- A strategic thinker who creates a clear vision and then breaks the objective into clear deliverables phases.
- Strong commercial skills; applies commercial analysis to evaluate business opportunities and ensures that budget, profitability and earnings targets are based on valid assumptions and appropriate business models. Additionally, building this approach as a key attribute of the entire team.
- Disciplined approach to risk management; identifies and analyses the risks when making decisions.
- Experience and understanding of global practices and management.
- Excellent presentation, communication and networking skills.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to take initiative, and adapt in a fast changing, often ambiguous market context.
- Ability to make and build strong connections with all levels of our client
- At least 5 years of experience, preferably in banking/financial services, Technology services, FINTECH or management consulting. Strong knowledge of payments, eCommerce and mobile technology is a plus.
- Proven ability to design, negotiate and manage execution of business agreements.
- A proven track record of planning, managing and closing complex and competitive sales efforts; using a clear and systematic approach to execution.
- A demonstrated ability to implement strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions for clients of all size and act as a trusted advisor by developing significant long-term, trust based relationships with demanding client stakeholders at large, complex organizations.
Trustworthy and possesses highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity. Drives for achieving superior end to end results, in a sustainable way.
- Trustworthy and possesses highest standards of ethical conduct and integrity
- Drives for achieving superior end to end results, in a sustainable way.
- Very client focused.
- Genuinely cares for and is inclusive of people, supports people’s wellbeing.
- Strong at networking. A connector of people, communities and clients in Japan and across Visa.
- Has stature, gravitas, reputation and professional attitude, internally and externally.
- Courageous, accountable and willing to challenge the status quo, and drive innovation.
- Curious, with a drive to continuously learn.
- Has high levels of professional humility and actively seeks and uses feedback constructively.
- Does not indulge in or tolerate office politics.
Disciplined and organized in a way that enables consistent delivery of results while also being able to respond well to unexpected demands
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic in Japan, we are currently unable to consider applicants based overseas who would require immigration sponsorship to live and work in Japan.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions