Risk Operations Analyst
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Stripe’s Risk Team is committed to making internet payments safe around the world. The stakes are high, and you will be up against an ever-evolving set of challenges. As a Risk Operations Analyst, you will have a ‘Users First’ mindset with every interaction and approach you take and continue to elevate the visibility and importance of Risk work in the wider organization. You will be responsible for conducting detailed account investigations and making account-level judgements, provide ongoing support for special handling cases (e.g. escalations from social media channels and to Stripe Executives), conduct user experience post-mortems through data collection exercises and root-cause analysis, be proactive in engaging with cross-functional stakeholders and continuously focus on elevating the Stripe Risk user experience.
- Handle risk-related user escalations and review individual Stripe accounts and transactions to identify a host of risky behaviors including fraudulent activity, large credit exposure, and regulatory non-compliance.
- Collaborate with merchants to enact appropriate risk mitigations.
- Use data to identify and surface user pain-points and trends from various risk interactions focusing on identifying and remediating root-cause
- Drive initiatives and process changes to excel and scale Risk User Experience
- Partner closely with our cross-functional teams; Risk Operations, User Operations, Trust & Safety and Community Ops
- Develop, document, and share best practices with the wider Risk Operations team.
We’re Looking For Someone Who Is
- Naturally curious and passionate about risk prevention: if something seems off, you want to investigate what’s going on and solve root problems.
- Decisive, yet open to learning: you will make many critical decisions every day, even with the knowledge that you will be wrong some of the time.
- Understanding and empathetic to the challenges of setting up a new business.
- Excellent communicator who is able to convey complex ideas succinctly.
- Able to communicate in English at a business level.
- Proficiency in SQL or other data analysis tools
Nice To Haves
- Any other languages relevant to the APAC, EMEA, or AMER markets
- Experience with payments, risk, compliance, or the financial industry.
- Experience in a role supporting users at a fast-growing technology company.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Payments infrastructure for the internet.