Business Development Executive
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
The role will be based in Hong Kong, and the incumbent will report into VP Global Clients, HSBC. Supporting the Global Clients Account team for our key client HSBC, the Asia Pacific (AP) account will cover 12 markets (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Macao, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, Vietnam, Philippines, Sri Lanka and India).
The incumbent will have the opportunity to work with both Visa and HSBC partners in key operational responsibilities in account management and will be responsible for the implementation of business development strategy to:
- Increase revenues
- Increase payment volume
- Increase the Client Satisfaction rating.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the implementation of Visa’s regional and functional strategies.
- Relationship management Visa internal partners/stakeholders and support senior business team on existing account initiatives and opportunities:
- Support the account team in client engagements to ensure that Visa is the association of choice and deriving a larger part of their business for Visa.
- Co-ordinate Visa’s support and services across various functional areas i.e. Client services, brand / marketing, acceptance, risk and product management groups to deliver added-value to client banks
- Manage Mandates and Operational account support Execution of deal operations this involves working closely with global clients and finance to monitor and report deal performance, incentive and revenue drivers.
- Manage the deal investment requests, Business case approvals and tracking and allocation of incentives alongside country, regional and global accounts teams
- Manage the Quarterly and AOP forecasting efforts and work closely with country teams on forecast assumptions and accuracy.
- Reporting: Manage monthly, quarterly clients reports and dissemination 10. Account team (MS Dynamics) blackbelt: work with the account team and cross functional partners to ensure account plans are current and all initiatives, opportunities and meeting reports are updated and reflected in Playbook
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business Management
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant working experience
- Self-starter, comfortable working independently and able to work collaboratively with a variety of team members including cross-geographies teams at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess high learning agility
- Ability to operate effectively and efficiently in a challenging, fast-paced environment
- Proficient in MS Office (Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Strong in Financial Budgeting and Project Management
- Interest and experience in Deal structuring, negotiation, documentation and execution
- Good business acumen and analytical skills
- Knowledge of payments systems and the cards industry
- Product positioning and marketing skills
- Account management skills
- Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- A strong background in analytics and the ability to interpret data trends into business justification and opportunities
- Good business consultation and influencing skills
- Proficient in MS Office with good PC knowledge
- Resourceful (ability to leverage own network to look for information and solutions)
- Knowledge of the payments space and business models
- Experience in sales/business development/account management
- Result orientated team player
- Flexibility and openness in terms of attitude and workload will be a crucial attribute
- Positive enthusiasm but with an understanding of the business context is an important characteristic
- Cultural sensitivity and global mindset
Visa has adopted a Covid-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 unless, by reason of a medical or health condition, a reasonable accommodation (such as the option for regular testing, remote working etc.) is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions