Manager, Deal Management
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Deal Management
- Business Development Finance supports the development, planning, implementation, and execution of the corporate strategy within the customer business agreement process to drive business primarily with issuers, acquirers and merchants.
- The Manager role has the main primary responsibility of supporting the Division Finance Officer and business units in Southeast Asia (SEA) sub-region, building profitable and protected deals for Mastercard by playing an active advisory role in business, strategic and financial related projects.
3 questions about who would be the best fit for this role:
- Are you intuitive with numbers?
- Are you perseverant and able to cope with unexpected and multiple demands?
- Are you confident interacting with management, and able to persuade, motivate and influence others effectively?
About The Role
- Deal Structuring - Support SEA sub-region division and assist account managers in complex business deals for new business opportunities ensuring commercial profitability for Mastercard, with involvement from initiation to closure of the deal. Conduct regular review of live deals and highlight concern to account managers and leadership team. Specific geographies to be supported by this role include Singapore, Malaysia/Brunei cluster, Philippines and regional deals lead by AP business team.
- Performs rigorous reviews, negotiations, and scenario analysis iterations on business cases to assess the risk versus return tradeoffs. Work and negotiate with business owners to improve deal structures where appropriate. Assertiveness required to convince account teams to sell harder to their customers. Conduct “benchmark analysis” on assumptions in all business cases, and “reality check” on the ROIs, NPVs, DCF for contracts entered with our customers.
- Provides guidance to legal department to assist in understanding deal structures and business dynamics, and final clearance of legal documentation.
- Communicates corporate and regional policies; establishes review processes to ensure financial control and compliance and to drive overall market compliance with SEC requirements as well as compliance with local statutory regulations and financial regimes in the division.
- Builds capabilities within the business to enhance their financial acumen and know-how, understanding of business case modeling and processes, financial implications of their decisions/actions, and to align them to delivery of financial objectives for the division.
- Requires individual to be creative and entrepreneurial, managing risks with innovation, embracing the concept of value creation, move away from inwardly focused and value preservation to looking for outside opportunities to increase stock market valuation and shareholders’ wealth in the face of fierce competition, customer choice and new technology.
- Extended Business Support – Closely work with business teams in providing insights and financial support to:
- develop and monitor performance of our strategic investments and other growth opportunities
- facilitate and identify new pricing initiatives / structuring opportunities
- Support and drive regional Deal Management projects and initiatives, both in SEA division and across AP region
- Champion regional reporting for Deal Management - Collaborate and work closely with COE to ensure data integrity as well as submission by deadline without default
All About You
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in business development partnering and financial modelling or Financial Performance & Analysis (FP&A) in an international organization.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP and local GAAP would be highly preferred.
- Ability to lead, motivate and influence others in a global, matrix organization structure.
- Ability to work independently, collaborative, and great teamwork
- Outstanding interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong employee relations, influencing, and management partnering skills.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities