Staff Engineer, Core Banking
Airwallex is the leading financial technology platform for modern businesses growing beyond borders. With one of the world’s most powerful payments and banking infrastructure, our technology empowers businesses of all sizes to accept payments, move money globally, and simplify their financial operations, all in one single platform.
Established in 2015 in Melbourne, our purpose is to connect entrepreneurs, business builders, makers and creators with opportunities in every corner of the world. Today, Airwallex has a global footprint across Asia-Pacific, Europe, and North America.
We are building the next generation of the Airwallex core banking platform. Our new Senior Backend Engineer will have a unique opportunity to lead the design and implementation of a new lending platform to power our lending capabilities - further unlocking a global revenue generation opportunity. The role spans the full SDLC from requirements capture, systems design, implementation, testing and operational support.
Attracting world class engineering talent is crucial to our long term success. We are also keen to contribute to the broader external engineering community in the form of blogs, talks and open source tools. Read about what we are up to here: https://medium.com/airwallex-engineering .
What You'll Do
As a Staff Engineer, you will lead the selection and rollout of patterns and frameworks within your feature team. While you do not have direct reports, you will be expected to demonstrate leadership through the quality of your engineering work. In conjunction with your teams Engineering Lead, you will ensure that the way we build our solutions is of exceptional technical quality.
Our Platform Engineering team take ownership of the technical construction of key Airwallex systems. These systems span several products including b2b wallets, payment acceptance, credit card issuing, treasury management, FX and this list continues to expand. Through our platform team you will be responsible for supporting key systems to both our front end web/mobile application team and support the integration of our platform solution, direct to customer, via an API.
This role will see you making contributions to technologies and libraries that we depend on while leading the refactoring of complex systems and components.
Who You Are
- You are a leader– Who enjoys formally coaching other team members
- You are committed – you strive to produce high quality and tested solutions in everything you do
- You know API’s – from designing to building REST APIs
- You are team player– fostering effective collaboration in multi-disciplinary squads across regions
- You are a thought leader - Attracting other senior hires to the company through your knowledge sharing
- You are a passionate problem solver – weighing up pros and cons of new tech solutions before implementing them with your team
What You'll Bring
- Strong computer science fundamentals. While we do not mind what language you have most recently been using we are using Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Evidence of working on high volume distributed systems
- Hands on experience with event driven architectures
- Strong cloud experience GCP (preferred) or AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront etc) with docker and Kubernetes
- Operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
If this sounds like something you would be keen to hear more about, hit apply.
At Airwallex you’ll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. We want you to share in our success, which is why you’ll be offered a competitive salary plus valuable equity (in the form of stock options). We also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative. If this role has sparked your curiosity - hit APPLY now.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime