Data Scientist, Visa Consulting & Analytics
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Are you skilled at turning hard numbers into compelling stories and useful strategic insights? Do you solve complex data challenges with creative flair? Put those skills to work answering strategic questions for one of the world's most respected and innovative payments companies.
Visa has built one of the world's most advanced payments networks. It's capable of handling more than 20,000 transactions per second, with reliability, convenience and security. With over 70 billion transactions processed by Visa every year, we have a rich source of data to help our payment industry partners plan for the future.
The ideal candidates are problem solvers, equipped with strong analytical & quantitative skills suited to address key strategic needs for Visa’s clients including issuers, acquirers and merchants. The candidate should be highly skilled in data visualization tools such as Tableau.
Adept at creative and critical thinking, able to deconstruct problems and transform insights into large scale, state-of-the-art solutions. Candidates must be quick learners with a strong sense of personal responsibility
- Work with large volumes of data, extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as Hadoop Ecosystem, SAS through scripting in Python, SQL, Java etc.
- Hands-on skills in cleaning, manipulating, analyzing, visualizing the large data sets.
- Create impactful and dynamic visual interfaces/ dashboards for the next generation of our data driven solutions using Visa's data and analytic capabilities, technology and industry expertise
- He/she will work closely with the internal stakeholders to understand their challenges and craft solutions that help them to solve their problems.
- Continuously develop and present innovative ideas in order to improve current solutions within Visa.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
We are looking for a strong analytic thinker and problem solver, with a blend of skills:
- Candidate with 4 years of analytical experience in applying statistical solutions to business problems Post Graduate degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in Quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent experience preferred
- Hands on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as SAS/Salford SPM/Hadoop/R/SQL/Python/Hive
- Proficiency in some of the following statistical techniques: Linear & Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Random Forests, Markov Chains, Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, Clustering, Principal Component Analysis, Factor analysis etc
- Experience in banking / consumer lending industry preferred
- Experience in analytics (model development, strategy and framework, scorecard development, documentation, validation, governance, implementation and automation etc.) will be a strong advantage
- High level of competence in Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated ability to innovate solutions to solve business problems
- Results oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor
- Good business acumen with strong ability to solve business problems through data driven quantitative methodologies
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible style, with the ability to tailor data driven results to various audience levels
- Detailed oriented, is expected to ensure highest level of quality/rigor in reports & data analysis
- Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations, and delivery
- Experience in presenting ideas and analysis to stakeholders
- Exhibit intellectual curiosity and strive to continually learn
- Fluency in written and oral English and Thai is mandatory.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the country where this job is located are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions