Customer Support Specialist (February intake)
Why work for us
We're not just like every other bank. Tyro has always been a tech company at heart, but fostering a diverse and inclusive environment, and a passion for continuous learning has always been one of the most important parts of our company's culture.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. You will work closely with our awesome teams and individuals in engineering, product management, customer support, sales and other functions within the business. Our over 600 strong team of Tyros, just like our customers, are the lifeblood of our business. We go to great lengths to ensure a positive and enjoyable employee experience for all. Everyone is committed to delivering great outcomes for our customers, and you will have the chance to change the face of payments and commerce for Australian businesses.
🎥 Take a look here what it's like to work at Tyro
Tyro's Customer Support team is one of the most widely regarded in Australia. We've been providing excellent quality customer support for 16+ years and we actively maintain a strong culture that allows us to be more flexible and offer our customers a higher level of support than other banks. We provide payments and core banking services to over 29,000+ businesses across Australia, so we take quality seriously.
Tyros are a highly collaborative mix of people. Joining the Customer Support team will see you championing the voice of our customers and collaborating with our awesome teams and individuals in Engineering, Product Management, Sales, and other functions within the business, who have inspiring stories and top-notch talent.
- We offer a rotating roster within 7am to 7pm Monday to Sunday (usually 1 in 4 weekends), a supportive training program, and the flexibility to work from home, or from our brand new CBD office. Our next intake will be 20th of Feb, 2023.
Your new role
Joining our team means doing what you love - helping people. On a typical day you will use your exceptional customer service skills to liaise with our customers over the phone and via email. You’ll provide first-level technical and account support to our EFTPOS, Banking and eCommerce customers. Ultimately, your goal will be to delight our customers on their first call and send them away with greater knowledge, or to become self-sufficient, and doing so with a smile!
- Answer all incoming calls in a professional and efficient manner
- Educate customers of Tyro’s products and services
- Troubleshoot any issues regarding terminals and eCommerce enquiries
- Guiding our customers through the EFTPOS activation process.
- Resolve all complaints through effective communication skills and escalate to team lead when needed
- Collaborate closely with various internal teams to identify or create innovative solutions
- Record detailed and accurate notes of merchant enquiries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Previous experience in Retail, Hospitality or Contact Centre
- An infectiously upbeat attitude and a bubbly personality
- A passion for customer experience and providing exceptional service
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Whats in it for you?
- Supportive, friendly and nurturing team
- Brand new office in Sydney CBD
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Comprehensive and interactive training program designed to welcome new starters at a simpler pace and build their skills as they grow in their role
- Full access to LinkedIn learning courses and plenty of cross training opportunities to develop your career and professional skills
This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to get a foot in to banking, technology, or customer support. Tyro's in our customer support team work closely with other departments boosting personal growth and development. Find your long-term career path at Tyro and make a positive impact on Australian businesses.
Perks & Benefits
We offer some amazing employee benefits such as a flexible working environment with a mix of in-office and remote working, learning & development opportunities for professional and personal development, 16 weeks paid primary carers leave, 12 weeks paid secondary carers leave, annual team based volunteer day, novated leasing, social events which includes multiple craft beer kegs (selection of beers carefully selected by our beer connoisseurs), wide selection of wine, variety of snacks and a ping pong table, selection of board and video games and many more!
Launching in 2003, Tyro has grown to become Australia’s largest EFTPOS provider of all ADIs outside the big four banks. With over 650 staff, $34 billion in transactions in FY22, we’re much more than an EFTPOS provider – Tyro is an Australian bank and operates under the supervision of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA). With 10 industry firsts to market, Tyro is a leader in credit, debit and EFTPOS card acquiring, Medicare and private health fund claiming and rebating services to Australian businesses.
Wow the Customer - We love our customers and we want them to love us too.
Be Good - We're open and transparent, and we do the right thing - even when nobody's watching or it's really hard.
Commit to Greatness - We think big, move fast and dare to be different. We're always asking "what's next?"
Stay Hungry - We ooze passion and determination and we play as a team to win.
Win Together - We are a united team. With growth mindsets and without ego, we embrace diversity to collaborate, innovate and accelerate.
Privacy and Submitting your Application
Tyro does not accept unsolicited agency CV’s. Please do not forward resumes to the team if you are not one of our listed preferred recruitment partners. Tyro is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Better Business Banking