Risk Strategy Program Manager APAC
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Come build the tools, systems, and programs required to expand Stripe’s footprint while protecting Stripe!
Stripe’s mission is to increase the GDP of the internet. We build the most powerful and flexible tools for running an internet business. We handle billions of dollars each year and enable millions of users around the world to scale faster and more efficiently by building their businesses on Stripe. More than 80% of American adults bought something on Stripe in the last year. A very large part of our endeavour is to expand the scope of problems we tackle beyond payments and into the rest of the financial stack. As Stripe continues to develop innovative products that serve businesses of all sizes around the world, risk will increase in complexity and scale. As part of the Risk Partnerships & Strategy team, you will play a critical role enabling Stripe’s growth while partnering with internal and external stakeholders to understand and mitigate against key risks.
- Drive risk strategy – from scoping to design to execution – through supporting launches and growth of Stripe’s new payment methods and markets
- Develop relationships and work with partners. This includes product, engineering, and business teams Partner with internal stakeholders to identify and build mitigations against risks associated with new launches
- Incubate new launches and enable them to grow at scale, continuously optimizing for efficiency and effectiveness
- Perform analyses and research to inform decision-making, and improve observability in partnership with Data Science
- Challenge the payments industry status quo to help enable innovative businesses flourish online
- Continue learning about the payments space through industry engagement and independent research, and scale your knowledge to others
We’re Looking For Someone With
- Strong problem-solving skills. You enjoy taking complex issues and turning them into actionable next steps
- The ability to take ownership. You are accountable and drive towards ambitious goals
- A passion for data analysis and the ability to frame business decisions and tradeoffs effectively through quantitative analysis and visualization.
- Effective program management skills and a proven track record for building and scaling programs from the ground up
- Strong stakeholder management, including navigating difficult situations and negotiating timelines
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey complex ideas succinctly to various audiences, including to senior leadership
- 5+ years of professional experience and have worked with technical and business teams to drive projects
Nice To Haves
- You are comfortable using SQL to answer business problems
- You have a strong payments background and are passionate about the space. You understand the inner workings of various payment methods
- You have experience in the risk or compliance space
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Payments infrastructure for the internet.