Business Development Manager, Sales in Korea
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
This position is part of the Client Relationship Management team in Korea responsible for managing Visa's key clients through relationship management and business development activities.
What a BDM Does At Visa
- Establish and maintain Partnership and Professional Relationship with key stakeholders of accountable clients
- Increase Visa’s revenue, payment volume, card numbers and share of each accountable client and products
- Create new business opportunities from accountable clients by successfully securing clients’ commitments through Visa value-added initiatives and deals
- Develop business proposals packaged with cross-functional collaboration by delivering Visa’s value-adds for clients; Initiate and execute all Visa business related initiatives by leveraging Visa’s internal and external resources
- Closely work with Sales Team Head to achieve team objectives and regularly report/update sales activities to the Team Head
- Report market intelligence to Team Head regular basis on accountable clients, payment industry trends and competitions for various purposes as below:
- Provide focal communication channel between Visa and clients to support clients’ business objectives aligning Visa’s above purposes
- Establish goals, strategies, and execution plans for each accountable client
- Develop and deliver client training programs, best practices, and consultative supports for adding value to Visa client
- Identify new growth engine for accountable clients and recommend ideas for sustaining Visa’s business increase, i.e. product development, new market penetration, new membership & business partnership
- Produce overall relationship plan (relationship level analysis, key strategies, action plans, goals, budget requirements and projections) for each FY and analyze each in-charge clients’ performance on monthly basis
Why this is important to Visa
- Your capabilities of proactive business development, sales proposals, strong communication and strategic approach will ensure strong revenue and profitability growth for Visa and the client
- You will be an energetic, high achiever that is able to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders to grow the client’s business through meeting client needs
- You will have a passion for innovation and ability to navigate complex payment business to materialize new business opportunities and support the client to solve their business issues
- You will be a strategic thinker, competitive, and consultative with client engagement to ensure Visa deliver the maximum value to clients
- You will be in regular contact with senior management within Visa's business and that of the client and will build strong rapport through adding value to their respective business units
- You will develop and implement against an agreed client annual business plan which will be achieved through drawing upon internal and external stakeholders and by providing the client with Visa 360
- You will be goal driven to achieve account, revenue and volume growth targets while ensuring our client adopts Visa's innovative solutions
What you will need:
- 4 - 7 years of proven business experience
- Excellent communication, negotiation, presentation, and selling skills for internal and external
- Prefer experience in sales, account management, project management skills, client relationship management, and business consultation experience from the relevant industry
- Prefer knowledge and business experiences from bank or/and payment industry
- Understand client’s organization structure and decision-making process to achieve Visa’s accountable objectives by teamwork and consultation
- Able to work under multi-tasking required environment
- Demonstrate energy and positive response when tackling challenging problems and view complicated tasks as engaging or motivating
- Highly professional in managing new environment and client demand with full compliance and code of conduct
- Show openness to new ideas, modifying viewpoints and direction in light of new information
- Good analytical skills and financial acumen to understand the Visa and client economics
- Strategic and consultative sales capability with negotiation capability; Good in creating proposal utilizing MS excel sheet, power point, and MS word
- Strong teamwork and loyalty in what you do; Project management skillset
- Love to explore new ideas with creative and innovative approach
- Good English language skills in reading, writing, listening, and speaking
What Will Also Help
- Experience in Payment Business (Credit & Debit Card), FINTECHs, oversea remittance, PLCC Development and other experiences from payment ecosystem
Job Number: REF33608O
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions