This job is no longer accepting applications.
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. Our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world. With technology at our core, we built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia’s fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 12 global locations and have raised over $500 million in funding from world class investors including Sequoia, Greenoaks and ANZ. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG’s Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we’re looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
What You'll Do
As a Staff Engineer, you will lead the selection and rollout of patterns and frameworks within your feature team. While you do not have direct reports, you will be expected to lead by example with your technical prowess. Partnering with the Engineering Lead, you will lead the technical discussions and play a key role in decision making when it comes to engineering.
Our Platform Engineering team take ownership of the technical construction of key Airwallex systems. These systems span several product verticals including card issuing and our treasury management (wallet) capabilities. Through our platform team you will be responsible for supporting key systems to both our front end web/mobile application team and support the integration of our platform solution direct to customer via an API.
This role will see you making contributions to technologies and libraries that we depend on while leading the refactoring of complex systems and components. Your exceptional technical capability will enable you to
Who You Are
- You are a leader– Who enjoys formally coaching other team members
- You are committed – you strive to produce high quality and tested solutions in everything you do
- You know API’s – from designing to building REST APIs
- You are team player– fostering effective collaboration in multi-disciplinary squads across regions
- You are a thought leader - Attracting other senior hires to the company through your knowledge sharing
- You are a passionate problem solver – weighing up pros and cons of new tech solutions before implementing them with your team
What You'll Bring
- 8+ years experience in modern engineering practices focused on continuous integration and quality engineering
- Strong computer science fundamentals. While we do not mind what language you have most recently been using we are using Java or Kotlin, Spring / Spring Boot
- Evidence of working on high volume distributed systems
- Hands on experience with event driven architectures
- Strong cloud experience GCP (preferred) or AWS (EC2, RDS, ELB, CloudFront etc) with docker and Kubernetes
- Operational tooling such as New Relic, StatsD, Elk, Datadog, Prometheus
If this role has sparked your curiosity - hit APPLY now.
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Empowering businesses to operate anywhere, anytime