Software Engineer 3-1
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 392 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Job Description Summary:
Risk Payments Engineering team is responsible for Risk decision, fraud detection, risk management decision. Transaction Risk is one of PayPal’s core competencies and is a key contributor to the company’s profitability and the customer value proposition. The GEO Risk team is responsible for the global approach to assessing various risks PayPal takes on and the treatments, actions and experiences triggered by the results of the Risk assessment and used by PayPal to control losses. Our solutions need to scale across millions of partner, merchant & customer interactions, integrating with various APIs in real time providing high availability and configurability to the business. To achieve this, we are always looking at advances in technology and science and tying those back to business needs. The Risk Engineering Team is looking for strong technologists to join the team. The candidate should be passionate to solve large scale highly complex computer engineering problems, in a repeatable and maintainable way. The candidate should have the technical expertise to lead software and architecture discussions and guide cross-functional product and engineering teams through functional definition, solution, and integration stages at scale. The candidate is expected to learn & understand financial services and associated platforms and technology. As a member on our team, you will work directly with our Product Owners and Domain Technical Leads to create solutions and deliver quality products.
- Own implementation of a module/application/product
- Participate complex architectural discussions that involve multiple systems
- Identify any product/functionality gaps and collaborate internal product and technology teams to define the necessary development to support solution delivery.
- Drive integration efforts and lead critical work streams of strategic initiatives sponsored by senior executives
- Drive engineering excellency through CI/CD/automation
- Pro-active response in identifying and troubleshooting integration or technical issues.
- Drive engineering excellency by creating reusable, production-ready frameworks
- Challenge the status quo when needed.
- Ownership and strive for excellence in your role
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Expert knowledge in Java, Spring framework, REST
- Experience asynchronous patterns and messaging frameworks (e.g. Kafka)
- Familiarity with other languages and technologies development, including Hadoop, Spark, NoSQL Databases Python, Perl
- Experience in various architecture design patterns, design and implementation of Financial Systems/Platforms.
- Expertise in designing for reliability, availability, scalability and performance in highly regulated Financial Services industry preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create structure and drive progress in an ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to scope, create and successfully deploy new strategy/ initiatives / capabilities
- Experience to interact with engineering teams from multiple geo-locations
- Strong applied experience. You’ve built, broken, and rebuilt software applications. We’re looking for creative thinkers who also know how to create real-world products.
- Competent in software engineering tools (e.g. Java build tools) and best practices (e.g. unit testing,test automation, continuous integration, etc.).
- Should have good communication skills.
- Ability to communicate in English
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
REQ ID R0069948
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spend, send, and receive money the way you want, simply and securely, with PayPal