Sr. Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to drive software development and integrations for our enterprise operations & infrastructure systems. This role is responsible for the design, development, configuration, deployment, and integration of our critical infrastructure software systems. The candidate will work as part of the Operations & Infrastructure (O&I) team to support and improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our technology & operations organization.
The position will require close collaboration with Hardware Engineering, Network Engineering, Data Center Engineering and Operations to provide critical planning, analytical, and monitoring capabilities across our global infrastructure footprint.
Success in the role requires an innovative mind, a proven track record of delivering robust software solutions, rigorous analytical skills, and a passion for creating user-friendly, performant systems.
Visa’s Infrastructure is the foundation upon which our company operates. Building and operating secure, reliable and efficient infrastructure is essential to supporting the operation and growth of our business.
- Design, develop, test, document, and deploy high quality software solutions
- Document and develop code according to specifications and standards
- Coordinate with other developers and stakeholders regarding status, technical issues and creative solutions
- Collaborate with business partners on user acceptance testing
- Troubleshoot and optimize data quality and performance issues
- Participate in project team meetings and communicate effectively with peers
- Recommend and develop integration standards, guidelines and best practices
- Assess operational opportunities to increase service quality or efficiency.
- Evaluate and implement new technologies for team adoption
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- At least 2 years’ experience developing and enhancing existing and new products utilizing Microsoft .NET technology stack, e.g C#, SQL, VB.NET
- Comfortable using modern integrated Development environments, e.g IntelliJ, Visual Studios
- Building and/or consuming REST APIs, including creating and parsing data in various formats and understanding best practices.
- Experience with SQL Databases and Data visualization using Tableau or PowerBI
- Experience with code management systems (GIT or TFS)
- Hands-on experience providing system administration support for Windows environments
- Knowledge of web application development with React/Angular/NodeJS
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- High-level of self-motivation with demonstrated track record of driving results within an agile and dynamic business environment
- Strong backend infrastructure software development experience
- Experience designing and implementing infrastructure automation solutions
- Working knowledge of ITSM/ITIL methodology & production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, and escalation procedures
- Knowledge of functional testing, integration testing, system testing, and user acceptance testing
- Demonstrated time management skills with the ability to successfully manage and execute multiple tasks / projects simultaneously
- Working knowledge of infrastructure systems (compute/network/storage/virtualization/etc)
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Job Number: REF32114D
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions