Sr. SW Engineer (Site Reliability Engineering)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Note- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Digital and Developer platform group in VISA is one team that strongly works towards next-gen payments and believes in its slogan “"It's Everywhere You Want to Be," for making payments accessible everywhere and for everyone. This group innovates technology that improves the lives of millions of people around the world for the payment ecosystem. The desired candidate will be part of this journey of our team and will be contributing to achieve the same.
- Engage with product, architects, developers, Certification, Project management, Operations & Infrastructure teams from the start of the SDLC phase.
- Become subject matter expert for the assigned product verticals. Analyze complex systems from a reliability and resilience perspective.
- Run the production environment by monitoring availability and taking a holistic view of system health
- Understanding the end-to-end product topology from infrastructure and application perspective.
- Identify sources of instability in large-scale distributed systems and drive operational excellence. Dive deep and understand every issue occurred and own them completely for end-to-end closure.
- Performing functional analysis of products by gathering and analyzing metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding – integration/operational challenges.
- Performing code bug fixes in production and recommending any architectural improvements during issue/incident analysis.
- Work closely with development and product teams on suggesting new features and enhancements based on live issues.
- Drive down the burden of toil with tooling and automation to achieve operational efficiency and smoother customer experience.
- Technical consultancy for monitoring, incidents and problem management. Lead technical bridges and interact with both technical staff and management during the incident and change management process.
- Provide Level 3 on-call support (within working hours only, over weekends once in a quarter),
- Engage with tech and non-tech partners on regular basis to analyze functional and technical in-depth solutions.
- Understanding new changes in production systems and assessing its risk from application perspective for driving reliability and availability
- Have some level of network engineering understanding to assist in incident/issue triaging
- Provide guidance and technical expertise to junior team members.
- 2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Must have at least 2 years of professional working experience in Java environment
- Coding experience beyond simple scripting
- 3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD
- 3+ years of development experience with Java, SQL, Automation, bug fixing, handling Production & Application operations.
- Experience working with any log analysis tools and observability applications like Grafana, Tableau, Splunk.
- Linux systems engineering capabilities and network analysis expertise
- Knowledge on Docker/Kubernetes, NginX, CDN, Caching technologies would be a great addition
- Strong work ethic, leadership skills, excellent judgment and good time management in prioritizing work, and the ability to work in fast paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical background with full stack application knowledge with hands on experience on REST technologies.
- Knowledge in Java or related technologies would aid in bug fixing, understanding the products supported better and also to support integration related issues.
- Need to have an excellent systems and product architecture understanding from application components and infrastructure perspective such as network, load balancer, firewall, gateway services etc.
- Experience supporting and working on web and mobile applications and troubleshooting problems in a cross-functional environment.
- Willingness to work outside with a strong technical aptitude and excellent communication skills.
- A proactive approach to spotting problems, areas for improvement, and performance bottlenecks
Our engineers do more than just write and test code:
- We count on your curiosity and creativity, to want to understand customer requirements and our processes and want to come up with creative solutions.
- While you’ll have the skill to see and understand the big picture, you’re able to stay focused on the task at hand to achieve immediate goals.
- You’re great at systematic and accurate research wanting to uncover the smallest detail.
- You have amazing work ethics that will help us all work extremely well together.
- You have the passion to understand people and always strive harder to improve our products and services!
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and above all, you are a team player!
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to provide 6 hours of on-call support during weekdays (not more than 2 days in a week) between 9am to 9pm on rotational basis. In either case the incumbent does not exceed the work time of 9 hours in a day. This also includes weekend on-call support which generally comes once in 2-3 months. Compensatory leaves are eligible for weekend on-call support.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Job Number: REF32077I
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions