Staff Software Engineer - Full Stack Developer (Angular/Java)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Staff Software Engineer, a highly motivated senior individual contributor based in Singapore, will be part of the Visa Online Software Engineering Team that reports into Visa Onboarding and API Platform of Digital Developer Platform. The role will be a Subject Matter Expert on all software engineering efforts and projects on Visa Online, and be responsible for designing and developing effective solutions in accordance with industry standards on best web development practices.
The role will be required to own key modules, perform code and design architectural reviews, suggest best practices and implement design and development standards. The role is a senior technologist who has the passion to solve problems, factor old codes, learn and pick up new technologies based on the needs of the organization, and level-up on existing expertise. The role will also be required to lead implementations on key modules and mentor junior team members.
- Function as a Subject Matter Expert of Visa Online to design, build, develop and maintain web applications and solutions on Visa Online, in accordance with industry standards on best web development practices.
- Function as owner of key application assets or core modules across Visa Online.
- Design, build and refine all Unit Tests key application assets and core modules.
- Lead engagement sessions and workshops with Product and Technology partners to clarify functional requirements into technical scope for design and development.
- Lead engagement sessions and workshops with Product and Technology partners to drive the continuous improvements of the platforms.
- Lead technical workshops with cross-vertical Technology partners for cross-vertical integration.
- Lead QA and E2E activities.
- Delegate assigned features and tasks on behalf of the engineering lead, and track to timely completion.
- Deliver assigned features and tasks with high quality and timeliness.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in the Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology disciplines with strong fundamentals in software engineering.
- At least 6 years of working experience in the IT industry, preferably with advanced web development experience in developing web applications and solutions that are lightweight, responsive, user-friendly and visually appealing.
- More than 5 years of in Java/J2EE, SDLC and OOP in development enterprise-level client-server web applications.
- Good hands-on experience with RDBMS such as SQL.
- Good hands-on experience with Apache, NGINX and Tomcat.
- Good knowledge in APIs, Microservices and Containerization.
- Good knowledge In Architectural Pattern such as MVC, DAO, and Design Patterns such as AOP, Façade, Factory, Singleton, etc.
- Knowledge in Secure Coding practices.
- Knowledge in GIT, Maven and best CI/CD practices.
- Knowledge in IAM design and solutions such as ForgeRock.
- Knowledge in Test Driven Development and Test Automation using Junit, Protractor, Selenium, etc.
- Basic knowledge of WCAG and Web UI Designs.
- Basic knowledge in graphical designs and international encryption algorithms.
- At least 4 years of working experience with defining system architecture and design patterns.
- At least 1 year of designing systems for greenfield engineering projects from ground up.
- Knowledge of content management concepts and systems will be advantageous.
- Analytical skills to understand business requirements and to translate into technical specifications.
- Excellent articulation, communication, interpersonal and collaboration skills are required.
- As the role will involve interacting with team members and vendors based in China, verbal communication skills in Mandarin will be preferred
- Excellent time management, organization and planning skills are essential.
- Problem solver with excellent skills in troubleshooting.
- Ability to document high quality functional and technical specifications.
- Ability to set priorities in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to negotiate with both Technology and Business counterparts in terms of delivery scope and timelines that aligns with capacity of the delivery team.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results with ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Passion to learn and pick up new technologies as needs evolves.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions