Business Development Leader Pakistan
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
The purpose of this role is to manage all aspects of the relationship between Visa and designated clients, acquire new clients and focus on business growth and client satisfaction. The candidate will manage the setting, direction and implementation of country & business strategies, objectives and plans within designated clients in order to achieve business targets. This will be achieved by growing the existing business and through identifying new business opportunities including the introduction and implementation of new products and services. The Business Development Leader is responsible for implementing complex and strategic partnership opportunities with organizations of all sizes leveraging Visa assets and capabilities to position Visa as partner of choice and grow our share. The role will report to the Country Manager, Pakistan.
- Establish, develop and manage the relationship between Visa and designated clients’, industry representatives in-country such as Central Banks, Governments, Bankers Association and Media.
- Establish, develop and manage relationships in-country with Vendors, Processors and Domestic Switches
- Responsible for increasing payment volume, increase client satisfaction ratings and developing new business with the focus to achieve country revenue targets.
- Drive Ecommerce growth and merchant acceptance
- Champion and lead digital innovation and be capable of leading technical conversations with clients
- Assist in Scan to Pay QR issuance sales and roll out with key clients to drive Visa’s digital agenda.
- Working closely with cross functional for championing and leading the marketing and product development of
- Scan to Pay solution for issuers and rolling out the marketing activities with clients to grow transactions.
- New product penetration within current and new accounts or
- Expanding the penetration of existing products within current and new accounts or
- Coordinate appropriate product implementation based upon account strategies.
- Responsible for developing and ensuring the implementation of team, country and regional goals
- Build relationships with influencers & decision makers of key clients so as to influence their preference for VISA
- Understand Client Business Strategies, Priorities, Needs Processes, present to them strategic ideas and share Visa’s views on Industry developments and dynamics and advice Client how Visa Products can impact and improve results.
- Develop the team’s business development strategies and map these strategies or product opportunities into individual member plans
- Manage client’s financial performance and ensure alignment with regional budgets
- Ensure high level of Client Satisfaction and Client Engagement Survey Scores.
- Monitor business results of designated clients and anticipate challenges and take proactive measures to accomplish targets.
- Ensure effective communication of progress to targets both within Visa and with Clients’.
- Develop, maintain and cultivate close relationships with decision-makers and senior management of designated clients, partner companies, Central banks and national banking associations. Understand their business strategies, priorities, needs and business processes, present to them strategic ideas and share Visa’s views on industry developments and dynamics and advise them how Visa products can impact their results.
- Represent Visa to the clients by providing a point of contact to them, with high quality support on the Visa organization, products, systems and policies.
- Client consulting relating to operations, IT, marketing and compliance
- Develop and execute customized account strategy, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share for select strategic partner accounts in Pakistan
- Lead the account and relationship management and sales plan for these accounts, ensuring that the client’s business objectives are met
- Working with the Risk, Digital, Solution and Innovation team: recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to grow client’s business
- Align the cross-functional teams on key proposals including representation from Legal, Marketing, Product, Operations, Market Research and Technology.
- Support the development, negotiation and signing of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and relationships with strategic partner executives
- Manage ongoing level of Client support and manage internal and external visits by Visa staff and alliance partners with key Client personnel.
- Contribute to the development of the areas business development strategy.
- Identify P&L opportunities for the client
- Ensure the development of individual designated clients’ operational plans, with corresponding tactics and actions to achieve defined goals.
- Ensure that the necessary Marketing plans are in place in good time (6 months ahead) and have sufficient justification for the required spend.
- Monitor the development of the banking and financial services industry across the region, analyze trends and understand factors impacting current and potential business results of Visa.
- Monitor, analyze and develop/respond to competitors strategies.
Decision Making & Complexity
- Influence sales and related activities policy within the market.
- Able to operate with limited guidance in complex environments;
- Recommend strategy for securing individual Client commercial agreements;
- The candidate will be required interact effectively with various levels of staff and management within Visa
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to address on-going needs of a complex, matrix organization.
- Analyzing and mapping revenue streams, Volume trend analysis (International vs. Domestic), Analysis of revenue by category.
- High quality and timely internal reporting (both periodic and one-off)
- High quality and timely submission of various inputs as and when requested by MENA/CEMEA Hub and by GCM
- Lead specific projects for the cluster to demonstrate effectiveness and enhance current skills through exposure to new clients and strategic country initiatives.
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure partner implementations are on track and delivering against plan.
- Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with partners
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
- Represent Visa by attending and speaking at conferences and business meetings and undertake media/public relations activities in the area, to shape perceptions of the organization and to build mind share.
- Develop PR strategies in association with designated PR specialist(s) in order to achieve overall objectives for the country/region, creating the appropriate ‘atmosphere’ for growing Visa products and services.
- Assist with the relationships with the central banks, key technology partners and other organizations involved in payment services.
- Utilize relationships to influence and change attitudes and decisions of clients’ and to achieve Visa’s goals in the region.
Complete project/research work and other initiatives as prioritized by Regional/ Global Leadership.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or equivalent Professional
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in retail or payments industry preferable
- Extensive knowledge of Visa, other payment systems, card products within and proven experience at liaising, presenting to, influencing and negotiating with senior level international and central bankers, regulators, merchants, media, domestic switches, third party vendors and other key external stakeholders
- Extensive sales, retail banking and cards experience and expertise
- Excellent project management, strategic planning, analytical and budgeting skills
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities
- Commercial orientation, interpersonally credible, influential in their dealings and sensitive to a multicultural environment
- Strong interpersonal abilities – must project credibility and integrity
- Ability to multitask and deliver task under compressed timelines.
- Fluency in English with impeccable written and oral communication credentials.
- Strong judgment, leadership and integrity. The candidate should be a quick decision maker, able to bring a responsible approach to business, consistently meeting client commitments.
- Results-driven orientation, focused on achieving both short and long-term goals. Candidate should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment while overseeing multiple projects and programs simultaneously.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions