Staff SW Engineer (DevOps)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates who are currently in Singapore with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa Resolve Online is looking for a senior DevOps Engineer to join our team We believe that the role is essential in integrating the project functions and resources across the product life cycle, right from planning, building testing and deployment to support.
As a key member of the delivery integration team, candidate would need to build and support necessary tools, workflows, and process to enable developers code and test functional and technical changes at a consistent pace. This role requires a mindset to learn newer technologies and improvements in processes for a seamless and efficient delivery pipeline.
In this role, you will work closely with software engineers, test engineers, infrastructure, and support engineers to create and enhance capabilities supporting fast and iterative mode of software development life cycle for Visa Resolve Online product. You will work in a very agile environment and expected to context shift quickly between parallel product releases and teams working on them.
- Setup and maintain code branches in Git/ Bit bucket to support parallel code releases
- Employ and ensure periodic code merges from upstream to downstream/ integration branches
- Enhance, version and manage build scripts, code artifacts
- Setup and enhance code build and deployment pipelines using Jenkins
- Ensure build and deployment jobs are working as expected and failures are notified to respective teams/ developers
- Setup and enhance automated jobs for data base and infrastructure deployments
- Work as the integration point of contact for internal and external infrastructure and support engineering teams by translating technical change requests to executable steps
- Keep track of changes requested by multiple development and testing teams for parallel code deployments
- Review, prioritize and schedule change requests in various environments starting from integration, member test and production
- Strive for continuous improvement and build continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Working experience in Agile software development projects is preferred
- Proficient with Gradle, Git/ Stash/ BitBucket and Jenkins
- Proficient with Maven/ Arfactory
- Experience working on Linux based infrastructure. Good knowledge of batch and Unix Scripting
- Experience on setting up / maintaining CI/CD pipeline using Jenkins or similar technologies
- Ability to create and maintain automation tasks for routine work
- Able to adapt to work across time zones as per project requirements
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, able to take up SCM related activities independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skill
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles
- Experience working with Java and associated technologies would be a needed
- Experience working on OpenShift/ Kubernetes/ Docker or similar technologies will be a plus
- Awareness of automated Data base deployment tools (Liquibase/ Flyway) will be a plus
- Awareness of configuration management tools (Chef/ Ansible) will be a plus
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions