Business Development Leader, Merchant Sales and Acquring
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Deepening partnerships with merchants and acquirers is a critical component of Visa’s expand access and digital infrastructure strategy. Merchant Sales & Acquiring (MS&A) is the global Visa functional team tasked with this responsibility. A key responsibility of the team is to cooperate with Acquirer partners, including financial institutions and non-financial payment companies, to build a robust, innovative and comprehensive acceptance infrastructure so that the Visa-branded payment products issued both domestically and internationally, could be widely accepted, and contribute to the realization of our company vision to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere.
What a Business Development Leader MSA does at Visa:
This Business Development Leader in MS&A team has the responsibility for developing the strategy and business plan for Visa to work together with its acquirer partners in China for the proper management of merchants and acceptance terminals, to be compliant with regulatory requirements. The person is responsible for understanding and effectively communicating regulatory requirements on merchant and terminal management to Visa internal stakeholders as well as external acquirer partners, translating the regulatory requirements into business requirements and operational management framework, and working with internal and external technical resources to design, develop, launch and maintain a merchant and terminal management system for both Visa and its acquirers to use to conduct the Visa acceptance business in China domestic market.
Why this is important to Visa
The role is critical for Visa and its acquirer partners to prepare for the launch of domestic Visa acceptance business in a timely and compliant manner, an important foundation for Visa to build its value propositions, execute specific strategies and initiatives to contribute to goals and strategic priorities for its China business.
What you will need:
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in payment industry, preferably with substantial experience in offline merchant acquiring or POS terminal management, and preferably with experiences working at an acquiring institutions or bankcard clearing institutions.
- Strong knowledge of merchant acquiring industry, products, services and technologies.
- Demonstrable leadership skills and project management skills, with proven capability to work with cross function teams.
- Knowledge of card scheme products and services.
- Excellent business planning skills as well as communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and engage multiple levels of management in key decisions when appropriate
What will also help:
Work experience in bankcard processing institution with hands-on experience in the design, development, and maintenance of the merchant and terminal management systems for domestic acquiring business purposes would be a plus.
Projects you will be a part of:
More details of the responsibilities include:
- develop strategy and business plan for Visa China merchant and terminal managements, as well as the future operational model and structure.
- responsible for translating regulation’s requirements on merchant and terminal management into business requirements.
- partner with internal cross-functions and lead to design a sound merchant and terminal business and system management framework.
- partner with IT to build the required merchant and terminal management system and to pass required testing and certification for successful business launch.
- lead to continuously upgrade the merchant and terminal system so that to be compliant with most up-to date regulation requirements.
- partner with acquirers and terminal manufactures for optimizing the merchant and terminal management system and process to provide best in class business support.
- lead to develop and publish the required merchant and terminal management rules and regulations, as well as ongoing updates
- lead to manage acquirers’ special interchange reimbursement fee program and to achieve the compliance of PBOC/CRBC IRF pricing regulation.
- responsible for ongoing merchant and terminal management, partner with cross-functions for achieving a healthy payment eco-system through the big data analysis, proactive measurements and compliance actions.
- Responsible for managing up to 30M POS and ATM terminals by partnering with acquirers and manufacturers; as well as achieving satisfactory compliance and audit results
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions