Payment Operations Team Lead
We’re looking for a Payment Operations Team Lead to join our APAC team in Tokyo / Tallinn office. This role is a unique opportunity to have an impact on Wise’s mission, grow as a leader of our Operations teams and help save millions more people money.
Wise has already pioneered new ways for people to transfer money across borders and currencies. Our customers can also manage their hard-earned money with the world’s first platform to offer true multi-currency banking. Your mission is to develop a strong Operations team and support specialists on their personal growth paths.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing to the Operations Team
- Help the team develop and measure KPIs for success.
- Manage your team’s resources and their relevant skills, ensuring at all times a high-quality, high-speed workflow with optimal coverage.
- Increase the efficiency of the operations team while balancing the health and productivity of your specialists.
- Drive operational excellence, while building sufficient controls and assessing and mitigating operational risks.
- Ensure the team’s readiness to handle unexpected situations.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Make an Impact - You’ll help drive the definition of our goals and vision while increasing the efficiency of the operations team and dreaming big, driving us towards Mission Zero!
- Inspire Teams - You’ll fuel the revolution with your ideas, knowledge, self-starter attitude, and customer insight, which you’ll use to work with product development engineers and other operational teams to help solve our customer’s problems!
- Develop Wisers - You’ll scale culture and help to create a positive and motivating work environment for our Wisers. You’ll ensure the health and productivity of the specialists within your teams by helping to set the right culture and implement the right approaches. We don’t believe in drama, only good Karma!
- Work Globally - You’ll work closely with internal and external partners and help to figure out ways to make our customers’ lives better. You’ll also occasionally travel to work and learn with our teams in other locations! We’re 1500+ Wisers with 70+ nationalities located in offices from Tallinn to Tokyo, and much like our product, we operate without borders communicating across teams and locations. We get it done!
- You demonstrate leadership skills based on your previous work experience.
- You have a proven track record of moving metrics and reaching your KPI goals.
- You drive to make things happen instead of wondering why things happened.
- You place customers first and you make no compromise on this.
- You’re a great communicator, straight up and honest. You can adapt your communication style to different audiences. You’re able to persuade others and you aren’t afraid to challenge something when you need to.
- You know how to use data to prioritise tasks that have the most value-add to customers’ and measure the impact
- You’re comfortable working within teams that face complex issues and take charge in difficult situations.
- You enjoy creating an inspiring team environment where ideas are shared and openness is valued. You’re comfortable and composed when either giving or receiving feedback.
- You have a passion for technology, customer experience, and you want your work to have a positive impact on people.
- You’re a great relationship builder, experienced at working closely with external partners as well as product development teams, including product managers and engineers.
- Your curiosity has no limit and this is your guiding light. You have the self-awareness to recognise areas you don’t know and the humility to learn
If you're interested in the position, please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter latest 3 February 2023.
In your cover letter, please answer the following questions with relevant examples from your previous experience:
- What does healthy team culture mean to you?
- How do you make sure that your team has a healthy team culture?
- How do you make sure everyone in the team feels valued?
- How do you support the development of specialists in your team?
- How do you solve a conflict within a team?
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
If you want to find out more about what it's like to work at Wise visit Wise.Jobs.
Keep up to date with life at Wise by following us on LinkedIn and Instagram.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Formerly TransferWise. Still building the world's most international account