Senior Business Analyst, ANZ (12 Months Contract)
Before we dive into the role, let’s talk about flexibility. Our Zipsters can choose where and when they work by taking full advantage of our hybrid-work environment. So whether you’re mostly remote, mostly in the office or a mix of the two, you’ll be empowered to do whatever brings out your best.
We are Zip, a global Buy Now, Pay Later company providing fair and seamless solutions that simplify how millions of people pay. Our journey began in Australia, has taken us to multiple different markets and we’re just getting started.
We exist to create a world where people can live fearlessly today, knowing they’re in control of tomorrow. Focused on product innovation that puts people at the centre, we put the financial well-being of our customers and merchant partners at the heart of everything that we do.
About The Role
As a Senior Business Analyst on our Finance team, you will report to the Director, Finance Systems. In this role, you will be responsible for providing business analysis services to support the delivery of the Finance Systems roadmap and play a major part in the ERP Implementation Project.
As such, you will identify and document business analysis deliverables including requirements specifications, process and data models, and be able to provide recommendations relating to the high level technical options available to meet those requirements; and to this you will also be bringing your continual improvement passion to evolve Zip’s internal Finance procedures with a technology lens.
You will also be responsible for identifying and capturing risks, dependencies and issues associated with the existing controls within the Financial System Landscape, working closely with the ANZ Finance and Operations teams to mitigate these risks and close any identified control gaps.
In this role you will:
- Manage stakeholder engagement to prepare, lead and facilitate workshops, run stakeholder interviews and distill large amounts of information and clearly articulate the business requirements
- Utilize your Design research skills to help with Information sorting and prioritisation techniques, User journey/experience map definition and the creation of As-Is/To-Be models using swim lanes and other process modelling techniques
- Drive accountability for the execution of BA deliverables, ensuring that quality standards are maintained and timeframes are achieved to plan.
- Be a key member of a large ERP Implementation Project that will include some of the following deliverables
- Collaborate in the planning, design, development and deployment of new business processes as part of the project.
- Prepare documentation such as process maps, data flow diagrams, requirements documents and functional specifications.
- Contribute to the preparation of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Business Acceptance Testing (BAT) and System Integration Testing (SIT) plans and scripts for the US, and lead/support the business representatives in the conducting of all required testing.
- Assist with Change Management deliverables including knowledge base documentation, Change Impact Assessments and facilitating New Ways of Working Masterclasses.
- Establish relationships with Zip ANZ internal customers, serving as the liaison point to ensure clear understanding of business needs, objectives and requirements.
Ho help us level up you'll bring:
- 3-5 years experience as a Business Analyst in organisational change management and business transformation role
- Proven Finance transformation and ERP project experience
- Knowledge of Financial Controls and processes to ensure future designs embed the controls framework
- Ability to facilitate large workshops involving a variety of Finance and Business stakeholders
- Previous role in Finance and an understanding of Accounting principles
- Proven skills with master data maintenance, reconciliation & reporting
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience in developing and creating policies and procedures that support both Finance and the wider business
- Prior experience using the following systems:- NetSuite, Anaplan, Tableau, Calumo, Xero
- Strong communication skills across various mediums – Verbal, Slack, Email
- Ability to work collaboratively within tight deadlines
- High-energy and focus on urgent delivery
- Excellent attention to detail
We’re proud to be a values-led business. They guide us in everything we do - how we work together and create game-changing experiences for our customers and fellow Zipsters.
If you only meet some of the requirements for this role, that's okay. We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe this is fundamental for our future success. So, if you have the curiosity to learn and the willingness to teach what you know, we'd love to hear from you.
We pride ourselves on creating an inclusive workplace that provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of their age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or anything else.
What’s in it for you?
As a Zipster, you’ll enjoy heaps of unique perks and benefits to support you at work and beyond. Here’s just a taste of what you can expect when you join the #Zipfam!
- Flexible working culture, giving you the choice on how and where you work
- Funding and up to 2 days leave for your professional development
- 25 days paid leave annually, including birthday leave and quarterly wellbeing days
- 16 weeks paid parental leave for primary carers, and 4 weeks for supporting carers
- Family support policies including miscarriage bereavement leave and domestic violence leave
- Mental health and wellbeing initiatives, including $299 annual wellbeing allowance, free fitness classes, and discounted gym membership
- 2 days paid volunteering leave per year
- Fee-free Zip products, and discounts with Zip merchant partners (AU)
- Share incentive programs, to give you skin in the game
- Team social events, epic offices, free breakfast daily, and weekly free lunches (Sydney)
We want to make sure our recruitment processes are accessible and inclusive for all people. If there's any adjustments that need to be made to ensure you have a fair and equal experience in our recruitment process please let your Talent Acquisition Partner know. We are also a proud 2023 Circle Back initiative employer and commit to respond to every applicant.
Join us on our mission to be the first payment choice, everywhere and every day.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Tap & Zip everywhere. Pay later.