Head of Sales Development, APAC
Who we are
Stripe is a financial infrastructure platform for businesses. Millions
of companies - from the world’s largest enterprises to the most
ambitious startups - use Stripe to accept payments, grow their revenue,
and accelerate new business opportunities. Our mission is to increase
the GDP of the internet, and we have a staggering amount of work ahead.
That means you have an unprecedented opportunity to put the global
economy within everyone's reach while doing the most important work of
About The Team
As the Head of Sales Development, APAC at Stripe, you will drive
Stripe’s future growth engine by leading a team of inbound and outbound
SDRs. You will be working with the Stripe’s Sales teams to build
Stripe’s sales pipeline. You’ll lead and coach a large team of
high-performing SDRs, helping them deliver on ambitious targets, as well
as roll up your sleeves to work directly with the team.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a self-starter who has demonstrated success dealing
with ambiguity, operating in a high-growth environment, and solving
problems with limited oversight. Ideal candidates will have management
experience, including managing managers, scaling a technology Sales
Development team and superior communication skills.
- Recruit, train and lead a rapidly growing team of Sales Development Representatives
- Contribute to both the long-term vision and strategy for the team and manage day-to-day operations.
- Own and drive execution of Stripe’s new business pipeline goals by understanding and analyzing top of the funnel metrics, pipeline quality, and revenue influenced across different segments
- Coach, mentor and guide the team (managers and reps) in developing consultative and solution-based sales skills including: campaign strategy, outbound execution, and nurturing interest in opportunities.
- Shape deep partnerships with Marketing, Sales, Sales Operations, Finance, Enablement, and Product Marketing teams to successfully collaborate on campaigns and event to build the pipeline and business
- Optimize your business for efficiency, accelerating ramp time to productivity, and ensure your team has a crisp understanding of Stripe domain knowledge
- Effectively work cross-functionally across the organization to shape Stripe's solutions to meet client needs.
- Inspire, motivate and enable individual development to promote career growth of direct reports.
Who you are
We take a data-driven, analytical approach to Sales Development, and are
looking for someone who enjoys building – who will actively participate
in the development of sales processes, the articulation of Stripe’s
value proposition, and the creation of key tools and assets to measure
success. Stripe is not a typical company, and this is not a typical
sales development function. If you’re hungry, smart, persistent, and a
great teammate, we want to hear from you!
We're looking for someone who meets the minimum requirements to be
considered for the role. If you meet these requirements, you are
encouraged to apply. The preferred qualifications are a bonus, not a
- 4+ years of people management experience, preferably including experience managing managers
- Experience leading inbound & outbound sales and operating in an early stage, high-growth technology environment.
- Proven track record of high performance in a pipeline generating or closing role
- Ability to hire, train and coach a high-performance sales team - both reps and managers
- Demonstrated passion for start-ups and new technology businesses.
- Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts and build great relationships with highly technical customers.
- Prior experience at a growth stage Internet/software company.
- Prior experience in sales.
- Prior experience in the payments industry.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Payments infrastructure for the internet.