Engineering Manager, Financial Services
MYOB is the #originalstartup. Our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we’re so much more! We’re building a business management platform to help more businesses in Australia & New Zealand Start, Survive & Succeed. Our team is continually transforming, inventing and disrupting conventions. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to add to it, and make it even better! This is MYOB.
Our Technology Team is continually shipping high value outcomes for our customers and organisation. Our tech performance and our Engineering practices are consistent, strong, and secure and you can do all of this in an environment which allows people to grow.
What we’re doing is a real tech transformation; we’re taking a legacy success and transforming it into a SaaS platform to support SME and Enterprise businesses in ways they never knew they needed. Join us and help build the business management platform that will disrupt the market.
As an Engineering Manager in our Financial Services Vertical, you'll play a meaningful leadership role across the Payment Rails Domain delivery team. You'll provide leadership, mentoring and support to delivery teams to balance technology, delivery, and product outcomes.
As a leader with deep technical skills, you'll help teams design solutions, deliver changes incrementally and drive continuous improvement, ensuring that we can "build and run" our software in a balanced and sustainable way.
The Payment Rails Domain builds and deploys payment services and payments related capability across MYOB. These services aim to be easily consumed, reusable and scalable. This allows our customer facing product teams to build workflows without direct integration to payment providers, remove the need to handle this part of the process themselves and allow them to continue focusing on building products customers love.
To be successful in this role
- Use key delivery and operational metrics to identify and drive opportunities for improvement
- Lead through alignment to common objectives and enable your teams to make decisions for themselves
- Work within your domain, and across others, to drive the strategy of products and architecture forward
- Experience in Payments Technology such as channels or gateways
- Passionate about solving problems and delivering an outstanding customer experience
- Experience implementing continuous delivery, agile and lean practices within teams
- Experience in driving continual improvement of the Product Development lifecycle and ensuring strong alignment to business outcomes
Is working and collaborating where opinions are valued and your ideas can make a difference meaningful? If so, you'll love working at MYOB.
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
- Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
- Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
- Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
- A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
- Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
- Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more