Senior Commercial Finance Analyst
MYOB is the #originalstartup. Our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we’re so much more! We’re building a business management platform to help more businesses in Australia & New Zealand Start, Survive & Succeed. Our team is continually transforming, inventing and disrupting conventions. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to add to it, and make it even better! This is MYOB.
Our work matters because we support MYOB in its transformation into a SaaS platform that helps customers make smarter business decisions, leading to greater success.
We’re a small, resilient and highly engaged team that use our amazing breadth of skills to add value to the strategic and commercial value of the organisation. You’ll be surrounded by highly skilled industry experts that will support your growth across the business. There’s also plenty of opportunity to get involved in many initiatives and contribute to a major business transformation.
About The Role
Following two internal promotions, we are searching for our next Commercial Finance star. Reporting to the Senior Commercial Finance Manager, you will join a dynamic team collaborating with Sales & Support (S&S) leaders. With regular exposure to the Executive and Senior Leadership Team, you will play a leading role in championing commercial decision making, providing analysis, insight, and advice to drive business performance.
- Manage the monthly P&L reporting and expense analysis process
- Create performance dashboards, supervise S&S OKRs and progress on key initiatives
- Provide impactful analysis, return on investment insights (customer lifetime value; acquisition costs; cost to serve) and recommendations
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to formulate short and longer term financial plans, proactively identifying opportunities and risk mitigation
- Lead the annual S&S budget and quarterly forecasts
- Influence strategy, challenge the appropriateness of expenditure and improve Group prioritisation of key projects
- Support ad-hoc projects including M&A, financial modelling and business case development
We're searching for a strong 'up and comer' with first class communication and influencing skills. The ideal candidate would have business partnering exposure within a fast-paced environment and strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving capability.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skill
- Energised by multiple opportunities and gets involved in discussions outside the 'numbers', active contributor to strategy
- Process improvement experience and can challenge the status quo
- Understanding of SaaS / technology industry would be preferred
- Experience with Oracle PBCS and Business Intelligence tools (PowerBI, Tableau, SQL) would be an advantage
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
- Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
- Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
- Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
- A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
- Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
- Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more