Global Account Specialist
At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
The ‘Global Account Specialist’ key responsibility is ensuring the operational health of the merchant, ensuring the complex requirements of operating a global business are streamlined to reduce relationship risks in the merchant relationships. Partner with cross functional teams to build relationships and partner with the CSM who are at the forefront of program / project design and execution.
GLOBAL ACCOUNT SPECIALIST
‘Global Account Specialist’ are responsible for working alongside the GA Customer Success Manager service and provide payments industry expertise. The ‘Global Account Specialist’ will work to assist our GA Portfolio with their payments processing business initiatives. As one part business consultant, one part customer service representative, daily responsibilities will include assisting financial contacts with reconciliation and working with technical contacts to optimize interchange and scheme costs and processor declines. A successful candidate enjoys solving complex problems, is analytical, and solution orientated.
- Collaborate closely with CSM on their overall account plan and strategy for our largest and fastest growing merchants in the ecommerce space
- Work with a portfolio of merchants in a consultative manner, anticipating additional needs and utilizing existing resources to ensure the outcomes are right for the merchant.
- Prepare and present on key operational metrics that impact and/or influence the strategy for the merchant , this includes data-driven insights and industry benchmarking on a monthly & quarterly basis to executive level contacts at your merchants
- Reinforce the value of partnership with PayPal as well as highlighting areas of improvement and recommending new products and features in conjunction with Global Accounts team
- Manage onboarding of all new outlets, country expansions and additional lines of business.
- Take ownership of Operational health of the merchant including for example
- Bank Account changes, refunds, Demographic changes, Password resets , Reporting & Reconciliation and Dispute Processing queries and utilize existing support teams to generate outcomes that drive merchant satisfaction
- Assist merchants with reporting and reconciliation by leveraging the Braintree Account Analyst team where relevant. Using PayPal reporting tools to understand payout calculations and the implications of these metrics on their business objectives
- Turning Data into insights in order to educate merchants regarding their processing trends including Auths optimization, fraud solutions, and interchange optimization in partnership with BT Account Analyst team.
- Represent the merchant within our banking stakeholder group working with multiple internal and external stakeholders to manage unique partnerships
- Consult and facilitate the execution of cross functional projects across CSM (Including & not limited to CIC, Sales, Compliance, Risk, PMM, Product, People, Pricing, ROE etc). Leverage CSM experience, project lessons learnt and best practice execution.
- Minimum 2 years in an Account Management or CSM, or other customer-facing role
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience in Looker, Tableau, other data visualization tool, or willingness to learn
- Prior payments experience preferred
- Experience with SQL, or willingness to learn
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present to, and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Experience working in high-growth, cross-functional team environments
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Innovative, self-motivated, collaborative, and capable of dealing with complex interpersonal dynamics
- Thrives in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment and desires to learn something new every day
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
To learn more about our culture and community visit https://about.pypl.com/who-we-are/default.aspx
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
REQ ID R0098092
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, con...