Staff SW Test Engineer (Global Client Testing) -French Speaking
Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
This Consultant role is responsible for providing testing support to Visa Clients globally who are certifying new interfaces to Visa and/or testing enhancements/upgrades/changes to existing interfaces. This individual contributor role is expected to manage and resolve projects/issues of moderate complexity. This position is at an intermediate professional level and requires strong execution and analytical abilities. This role works independently and receives minimal guidance only in the most complex situations.
- Be able to independently support global key clients and pilot implementations of new Visa products/services within the region. Proactively share experience and guide the rest of the team on test procedures for new products/services.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Readiness, Development, Digital, GETS and other Visa stakeholders to support strategic region and country-specific initiatives. Develop comprehensive test scripts and testing processes, as necessary.
- Identify opportunities to improve Visa processes and procedures and takes the initiative to lead and drive change that results in measurable and sustained improvement in cost, revenue and/or qualities for process improvements resulting in shorter testing cycle times, improved efficiency, reduced costs and increased client satisfaction and testing experience.
- Proficiency in providing technical and consultative support to both internal and external resources and customers to support business needs.
- Able to influence clients’ testing decisions through negotiation and consultation by demonstrating broad industry knowledge and a good working knowledge of Visa service/product offerings.
- Engagement in internal projects e.g., self-testing tools and technical specifications providing insights on country-specific user requirements.
- Utilize defined standard Testing and Certification skills and processes as well as tools such Visa and other network simulators, CRM, Web Interfaces, Quick Test Pro, and all associated tools required for the position.
- Support clients in the CEMEA region, hence the usual working hours are from 11am-8pm, Singapore time.
- Be the primary testing support for French-speaking clients in CEMEA region.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 5 – 7 years of experience in the EFT industry, preferably with direct Visa experience.
- 5 – 7 years of test planning, test design, test strategy and test execution.
- Proficient in French to support French-speaking clients in CEMEA region.
- Knowledge of EMV chip payment solutions and familiarity with ISO8583 and API payment messaging flows.
- Knowledge in testing web technologies, services and physical devices. Understanding of Java technologies, XML, JS, CSS and HTML.
- Proficiency with troubleshooting and resolving complex technical issues related to web-based software applications.
- Strong understanding of Agile, scrum and Quality Assurance processes and methodologies.
- Knowledge of Visa systems, including Tandem, IBM, MVS, Falcon, Core VIP, Config Base II, and Connex Environmental Database will be an added advantage
- Proficiency providing technical and consultative support to external customers and identify business needs.
- Ability to manage assignments that are of diverse scope and complexity and require significant initiative and judgment.
- Effective communication skills and able to quickly learn and implement new technologies, application appropriate frameworks and tools.
- Effective relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and able to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
- Detail-oriented, proactive, and able to function under pressure to meet tight deadlines. Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities.
Please Note: Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the evolving visa/travel restrictions in place, we are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Singapore. We are keeping the situation under close review and will adjust accordingly should the restrictive measures be lifted.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy. As a condition of employment, all employees based in Singapore are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Leading global payment solutions