Director, Business Development Retail & Commerce
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Business Development Retail & Commerce
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Mastercard Data & Services, the professional services arm of Mastercard Worldwide, provides payments-focused consulting, marketing, platforms, information, loyalty and risk management services to financial institutions and merchants worldwide.
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base.
Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
- The Business Development Retail & Commerce Role for Mastercard Data and & Services is focused on building industry network to drive driving the sales process with Retail & Commerce accounts
- Perform comprehensive analysis to establish deep understanding of Client needs and potential solutions to identify the most critical aspects of a problem
- Build relationships and network with internal and external stakeholders, influencers, sponsors and decision-makers to enable relevant support is aligned with core business objectives
- Manage the sales cycle and related processes from client needs identification through contractual development and execution incl. writing well-structured and persuasive proposals
- Develop sales-support materials (i.e. presentations, business cases etc) that articulate the compelling nature of MasterCard Data & Services qualitatively and quantitatively to address client challenges
- Ensure engagement quality, leading post-implementation review activities and follow-on opportunity identification
- Contribute to project delivery efforts utilising core consultancy skills and industry knowledge (e.g. perform Project Management or subject matter expertise input responsibilities as appropriate)
- Participate in recruiting, training and developing others
- Create intellectual capital (e.g. white papers on specialist industry topics) to increase the value proposition of Mastercard Data and Services.
All About You
- You should be a highly motivated sales leader, who is experienced in services / consulting sales roles, with deep knowledge of retail (preferred) or other commercial industries (e.g. restaurant, travel, eCommerce) and the payments industry in Australia
- You should have skills and experience to contribute towards the delivery and quality management of consulting engagements.
- You should bring considerable consulting experience from a top-rated consulting firm and/or leading retailer, restaurant chain, travel operator or eCommerce player and have experience helping retailers, restaurants, travel operators, and/or eCommerce players with interactions at the leadership level
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA or relevant post graduate degree recommended
- Other required personal attributes include:
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication/influencing skills
- Ability to work as team member or independently who can multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities