Senior Quality Analyst
MYOB is the #originalstartup. Our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we’re so much more! We’re building a business management platform to help more businesses in Australia & New Zealand Start, Survive & Succeed. Our team is continually transforming, inventing and disrupting conventions. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to add to it, and make it even better! This is MYOB.
Our Technology Team is continually shipping high value outcomes for our customers and organisation. Our tech performance and our Engineering practices are consistent, strong, and secure and you can do all of this in an environment which allows people to grow.
What we’re doing is a real tech transformation; we’re taking a legacy success and transforming it into a SaaS platform to support SME and Enterprise businesses in ways they never knew they needed. Join us and help build the business management platform that will disrupt the market.
You will join the team responsible for launching our new solution for payroll software in New Zealand. This project will need all your skills, covering everything from testing requirements, testing design and planning testing of complex features, test execution, monitoring in production and triaging customer support tickets.
As a Senior Quality Analyst within the team and across the domain, you will work closely with your delivery & engineering leads towards implementing a quality strategy and vision for the product. In your day to day, you will analyze requirements to identify acceptance criteria and test scenarios, collaborate with the team to develop effective test plans, perform test execution to ensure the product meets the requirements.
What You Will Do
- Champion shift-quality-left by providing test scenarios and test plans to developers ahead of development.
- Ensure acceptance criteria are met by validating Unit, Integration & System testing results conducted by the developers.
- Collaborate closely with BA and perform exploratory testing for different business scenarios before and after a feature is built and ensure the acceptance criteria is met.
- Practice critical thinking at every step of the SDLC starting from requirements, design, development up till monitoring and maintenance in production.
- Build and drive quality strategy, practices and vision for the domain
- Contribute to CI/CD pipeline design, build and maintenance to support good engineering practices.
- Coach developers in testing to uplift their QA skills and help shift quality left.
- Uplift overall quality standards in the teams
What we're looking for;
A meticulous QA, with an eye for missed requirements, edge cases and strong empathy for customers. We're looking for a forward-thinking quality champion, who is not afraid to speak up or question the status quo. You are a strong leader influencer and relationship builder, who enjoys technical talk with developers.
- An extreme problem solver, key collaborator and advocate for continuous improvement
You love metrics! Producing them, deriving insights and taking action from them
- Understand CI/CD and appreciate the benefit of early software feedback
- You have demonstrated ability being part of an agile delivery team within cultures of continuous improvement
- You have strong expertise and knowledge of current and emerging technologies and practices in quality and agile
- You have a good understanding of quality principles such as Test Pyramid, Shift Quality Left, development practices such as TDD, BDD and DDD.
- Experienced with software quality dimensions such as Functional, Performance, Scalability, Reliability etc.
The following would be advantageous for candidates
- Domain knowledge of payroll systems (Financial Services or Accounting software industry experience)
Knowledge of Postman, Azure, SQL.
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
- Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
- Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
- Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
- A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
- Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
- Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more