Senior DevOps Engineer
MYOB is the #originalstartup. Our roots are in finance and accounting software, but today we’re so much more! We’re building a business management platform to help more businesses in Australia & New Zealand Start, Survive & Succeed. Our team is continually transforming, inventing and disrupting conventions. We don’t want you to simply ‘fit’ into our already established culture, we want you to add to it, and make it even better! This is MYOB.
Our Technology Team is continually shipping high value outcomes for our customers and organisation. Our tech performance and our Engineering practices are consistent, strong, and secure and you can do all of this in an environment which allows people to grow.
What we’re doing is a real tech transformation; we’re taking a legacy success and transforming it into a SaaS platform to support SME and Enterprise businesses in ways they never knew they needed. Join us and help build the business management platform that will disrupt the market.
We are looking for our next DevOps expert to join our Enterprise DevOps Crew! You will be passionate about crafting, building and maintaining solutions to support our high-performance enterprise payroll product.
This includes supporting the Professional Services and Support teams to onboard and migrate customers onto the platform.
This is a great time to join the crew to improve our value and bring true life to our technical vision. This opportunity is for a motivated go-getter who can drive the team, leading from within to take our platform to the next level.
The role of the Senior DevOps Engineer is to lead, design, engineer and support solutions for our high-performing enterprise Payroll product, MYOB PayGlobal. You will ensure production environments are stable, robust and secure.
You also contribute to crafting a phenomenal team culture by working constructively and collaboratively with team members. You are a champion of agile, continuous delivery practices and are active in meaningful communities of practice.
What you will bring
- Extensive DevOps experience using Agile delivery practices
- A development background with PowerShell, Python or Ruby programming experience but most recently you've been doing DevOps / Ops related work
- Implemented and maintained CI/CD systems, (preferably with Puppet, Chef / Ansible)
- Windows and MS SQL Administration, including SQL queries and transactions.
- TCP/IP Networking – core IPv4
- Using SumoLogic / Splunk for log analysis
- Experience using AWS infrastructure and platform services
- Hiera experience
Experience of being On Call / Out of hours working
Our Culture & Benefits
Our values have stood the test of time. If you want to work and collaborate where opinions are valued, and your ideas can make a difference, come to a place where Your Work Matters.
- Do your best work in a flexible work environment, right down to financial assistance to set up your home office…it’s called Flexperience, and it’s designed by you and your team!
- Our partnership with Smiling Mind helps support the wellbeing of our team members and customers
- Drive your own learning via conferences, in-house training, LinkedIn Learning, study assistance and a strong focus on leaders creating a learning environment
- A multitude of leave options including up to an additional four weeks of purchased leave, generous parental leave, domestic violence leave, transgender leave, volunteer leave, study leave, plus more!
- Communities built around ‘Wellness’, ‘Belonging’ and the ‘Planet’ where you can make a meaningful contribution
- Access to best-in-class discounts and vouchers from leading retailers, and a lot more.
We are proud to be a Circle Back Initiative Employer and we commit to responding to every applicant.
MYOB are an equal opportunity employer and we champion diversity. Don’t meet every single requirement of this role? Still apply! Research tells us that that women and underrepresented groups are less likely to apply unless they meet every single requirement. At MYOB we believe that the right hire is someone who makes an addition to our culture, rather than someone who fits in and conforms to our status quo. Moving to ‘Culture Add’ means adding team members who not only value MYOBs standards and workplace culture, but also bring an aspect of diversity that positively contributes to MYOB. So, if you’re excited about this role, or about MYOB, we’d still love to hear from you!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Easy online accounting for small business with invoicing, expense tracking, payroll and more