Director, Business Development, Commercial Solutions, Asia Pacific
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Business Development, Commercial Solutions, Asia PacificWho is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Driving growth in B2B payments in Asia Pacific with new customers is amongst our highest priorities and greatest opportunities. Deepening our participation in carded commercial POS flows and B2B accounts payable flows is essential to realizing our ambitions in capturing new payments flows. While the opportunity is significant, these are new areas for us that will require new product offerings and go-to-market strategies, informed by the input and active participation of our customers who are most focused on this space, while also building new capabilities and relationships needed to increase revenue growth.
Mastercard is creating a new global business development team in Asia Pacific to drive our expansion into business-to-business payments in the Large & Mid-Market corporate segment, solving for their payment needs across the procurement cycle with current and future platforms and products and making our multi-rail vision a reality for B2B payments. The focus of this team is building and expanding the two-sided network of Buyers & Suppliers to deliver accelerated GDV & Revenue growth in our Large & Mid-Market Corporate segments
The Director, Business and Market Development position is responsible to deliver GDV & Net Revenue KPIs against the customers that are allocated to their portfolio.
Working in direct collaboration with our Account Management colleagues that manage/own customer relationships, the B2B Regional & Global product teams, Data & Services and other cross functional teams, the successful candidate will
• Grow, maintain, convert, and track a healthy pipeline of Large Market/B2B opportunities across all issuers, including new players in this space. Meet and exceed KPIs on Pipeline Value, Conversion rate, time-to-revenue and Y1/Y2 revenue.
• Support issuers through the LM/B2B journey by clearly and simply articulate the value MC can bring both around Product, D&S and other Services capabilities (Cyber & Intelligence, New Payment Platforms, etc.)
• Bring to bear the entire Mastercard capability set, across all functions, to close out deals
• Create, drive, and win deals with Financial Institution (FI) partners (for both card & invoice led flows) and own the response to RFPs when required
• Take responsibility for training the sales teams inside the FI partners and supporting their ongoing product knowledge development to enable them to sell into their customer base
• Where it is optimal, undertake Direct-to-Corporate (D2C) activities, working directly with Large Market/Mid-Market corporates that have significant procurement activity. Assist them in identifying pain points in their procurement processes, articulate solutions that leverage Mastercard platforms & products and have them make the brand decision in favor of Mastercard. Once that is done, then in discussion with Regional B2B Head, take these prospective LM/MM corporate customers to Issuers/FI partners in a completely agnostic manner and help them make decisions around which partners to go with.
• Own deal implementation & go-live in partnership with B2B Program Managers where available or directly interface with TAMs to drive implementation of deals
• Develop and manage a Commercial BD events schedule
• Net Revenue
• Pipeline size & conversion of pipeline deals
• Deal activation rates
• Other strategic & tactical KPIs that may be added from time to time
All About You
• Good knowledge of the Commercial Large Market segment and it’s AP/Procure-to-Pay and AR/Order-to-Cash cycle pain points
• Working knowledge of the Commercial Card / Transaction Banking industry with a demonstrated experience in sales/product/customer management in these businesses
• Self-motivated with a demonstrated track record of success
• Ability to interact with external clients
• Successful salesperson with ability to generate and follow up on leads independently
• Good communication skills and active participation to contribute to team settings
• Proactivity, curiosity to learn and eagerness to innovate
• Demonstrated success in commercial management/relationship roles with a strong track record of success
• Superior interpersonal and communications skills and an ability to bring together internal and external stakeholders to create solutions for customers and have them implemented
• Experience in identifying strategic opportunities and of managing multiple stakeholder projectsCorporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connecting Everyone to Priceless Possibilities