Sales Development Representative
Hi there! Thanks for stopping by 👋
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We’re looking for a Sales Development Representative to join our growing Retail Sales team across APAC. You will be first point of contact for our inbound leads to bring new retail leads into the Lightspeed sales process and educating high potential prospects about Lightspeed.
We’re not an ordinary company and we don’t expect you to be either. So keep reading if you love the art of selling, delighting customers and have a natural affinity for technology!
What you’ll be doing:
- Initiate the sales process through multiple contact points across phone, email, SMS, web chat touch points; utilising the latest sales tooling
- Manage a book of leads and nurture them to the point that they’re ready to make a purchase decision while continually searching for and increasing the number of potential customers to prospect
- Add additional new business opportunities for Lightspeed by understanding customer requirements and have the first consultation with prospective customers
- Effectively manage daily contact activities and tasks, leveraging a variety of touch points, to progress leads through the sales process
- Improve our knowledge base and business intelligence on the retail sector in the region and regularly complete product and sales training modules
- Maintain a clean sales funnel and collaborate with Account Executives to get the best solution for the customer
What you need to bring:
- Experience selling over multiple channels, phone, email, social, face to face and using multiple sales processes
- B2B sales experience engaging with SMBs (preferably within retail)
- Experience qualifying sales leads and have previously generated a robust pipeline of leads
- Experience working with a sales CRM such as Salesforce
- Comfortable working a fast paced environment with a high contact rate
- Passion about the Retail and SMB's, who want to help these businesses bounce back from COVID and grow
If you are looking for a career change and this sounds like something that interests you, get in touch!
We know that people are more than what’s on their CV. If you’re unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the ‘Apply’ button and give it a try!
What’s in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible environment;
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that’s creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that’ll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed share scheme (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world for up to 60 days per year
- Health and wellness benefit of $500 per year
- Mental health online platform and counselling & coaching services
- Paid leave and assistance for new parents
- LinkedIn Learning license
- Volunteer day
- Dog-friendly environment
- Free fresh fruits, snacks and drinks
- Awesome office space located in Southbank, VIC
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you’re proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal’s gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.
Founded in Montréal, Canada in 2005, Lightspeed is dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: LSPD) and Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). With teams across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company serves retail, hospitality, and golf businesses in over 100 countries.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The one-stop commerce platform for merchants to simplify, scale and provide exceptional customer experiences.